LBL Veterans - Oozing Experience from the Pleat in the Back

Cindy Cooney
on 7/18/16 2:26 pm - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Ok Lower Body Lift Veterans:

I have been spotting from that pleat in the back.  I keep a panty liner on to catch the spotting.  Nothing serious and I did mention it to Capella.  I am itchy most days and we all know that itchy just means healing.  I try not to sit down all the time and rather sit on my side as to not stress that point.  Today I had some errands so I drove a few hours and there was more discharge than normal.

When did you finally get your to stop.

Sincerely,

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Laura in Texas
on 7/19/16 5:21 am

I didn't have oozing in the beginning but I did rip a hole in the back of my incision about the 4 week mark. It took 2 weeks to close.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cindy Cooney
on 7/19/16 5:24 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Thank you for getting back to me.  The only time it oozes is when I am sitting.  I sleep on my side get nothing at night and yesterday I drove and I was a mess.  Thank god for the panty liner.  Normally during the day - it is very little oozing

I have ordered a ****yx cushion from amazon so that I can relieve that part of my backside.  I am constantly sitting on my side as to not put pressure on it. I mentioned it to Dr. Capella and he was not concerned.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Laura in Texas
on 7/19/16 5:57 am

My surgeon was not worried either. I was worried I would unravel all the way around...lol. He did have me use Xeroform on any spots that were oozing. I think it helped in my healing.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

MyBariatricLife
on 8/1/16 4:22 pm

This stuff can be really scary to us, eh? I remember asking Dr. Capella if he ever had a patient not be able to stand straight after the LBL. Ha, the questions they must get from us! I could not help but giggle at your concern about the surgery unraveling all around. Thanks for sharing!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Ralguy78
on 7/19/16 6:34 am

I had a lower body lift with liposuction and tummy tuck done 8 weeks ago. About two weeks after I started having spotting in my lower back area as well. I was so worried that I made and appointment to see the Dr. I was told it is very common for that area to pull loose at times because of our getting up and down so often.  For me I was given Neosporin and told to keep it dressed as I had been and it would be ok. After a week of doing this it had closed back up and to date I have had no problems with it again.  I had more trouble getting one my JP site area to heal over.   I hope this information will helpful to know you are not alone with something like this at all. Sincerely James H.

Cindy Cooney
on 7/20/16 1:38 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

It is driving me crazy.  This oozing has been going on since day 1.  I am not the kind of person that can sit around.  I know I have a train ride into NYC on Saturday so my whole after noon will be in the city.  That should be a challenge.  But I will bring my cushion in a tote bag and just explain to people that I have had surgery.  I plan on getting home as soon as possible.  Wi**** would clear up soon.  It is annoying.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Cindy Cooney
on 7/19/16 7:03 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Yes that what I was told as well.  I am now sitting on a modified donut.  I bought the foam donut and just took it out of the covered and cut out a part of it in the back.  Took a shower, changed my pad and I want to see if using this takes off the pressure when I am sitting.  I do not get a lot of discharge, but if I take the pressure off this part of my body will it make an impact.

I do not notice any discharge at night when on my side so I am thinking it would work and maybe if I am not aggravating it should heal.

Also how long did it take for that back pleat to disperse.  I see someone who had 5 months out and she looked great with that incision that was also done by Capella.  

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

emelar
on 8/2/16 8:47 am - TX

Are you talking about the top of your butt crack?  That's a point of tension and it's pretty common to have an opening.  I did, and used a minipad attached to my compression garment until it closed on it's own.  If I remember right, the instructions were to keep some antibiotic ointment on it, keep it covered, and let it close.  It took about a month to totally close, but I can't see any sign of it at this point.

Cindy Cooney
on 8/4/16 6:30 am - NJ
DS on 06/30/14

Yes, I have had this one for a while.  It is tension opening.  I emailed a picture to my surgeon and he said no ointment and no covering.  I had a pad for a while and no it is no longer draining.  I cannot wait for it to close because everything else is going wonderfully.  The incisions are starting to flatten and I am looking what I would call normal contouring.  Swelling it decreased, but I am so loving the results from this surgery.

RNY - 3/26/14

HW - 380

CW 0 259

DS - 7/30/14

HW - 285

CW - 264.4

Dr. Greenbaum

Most Active