PS Consult yesterday, one more coming up in a week

Deanna798
on 5/24/17 1:09 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

And that has to do with plastic surgery?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/24/17 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Didn't intend to paste that, sorry.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gwen M.
on 5/24/17 1:15 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Useful link! I asked my surgeon about whether I could continue taking Vyvanse during the plastic surgery process and he said it wouldn't be an issue. But I just used this link to check Vyvanse against the medications he's prescribed for me to double check - all clear. (And I did make sure to explain that Vyvanse is an amphetamine class drug, just in case he wasn't specifically aware of it.)

And I guess I know why my psychiatrist quizzed me about alcohol use before agreeing to take over management of my prescription. Yikes.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Deanna798
on 5/25/17 2:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I know I shouldn't let this post bother me, but it really did. Mainly, because since you say that you're so ******g concerned about my wellbeing, but the ONLY time you've ever said anything to me about it is on a post on the boards when you've disagreed with me. We have been in R&R together for over a year, we have been facebook friends for nearly as long, and belong to a couple of private facebook groups together. YET, you have never once reached out to me via PM, email or otherwise with your concerns.

My opinion is that you are insincere and judgemental for the sake of being ugly. Remember, I've seen what you have said about others behind the scenes, so I KNOW how you are (just as you know all about my life and finances)

With the nature of how OH has been lately, this post may well be moderated, so I'm going to send it to you via PM, because I sure as **** want you to see it.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/25/17 5:16 am
On May 25, 2017 at 9:37 AM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

I know I shouldn't let this post bother me, but it really did. Mainly, because since you say that you're so ******g concerned about my wellbeing, but the ONLY time you've ever said anything to me about it is on a post on the boards when you've disagreed with me. We have been in R&R together for over a year, we have been facebook friends for nearly as long, and belong to a couple of private facebook groups together. YET, you have never once reached out to me via PM, email or otherwise with your concerns.

My opinion is that you are insincere and judgemental for the sake of being ugly. Remember, I've seen what you have said about others behind the scenes, so I KNOW how you are (just as you know all about my life and finances)

With the nature of how OH has been lately, this post may well be moderated, so I'm going to send it to you via PM, because I sure as **** want you to see it.

Wow, that was really harsh and ugly. I do believe that Julie really cares and that she expressed some valid concerns she has. You open to shares about your struggles, issues with money, family and your struggles with eating and drinking.

What she mentioned, I was also thinking, and I do believe that it is way too early for you to consider plastics. Your buncing up an do down with your weight, you have not reach comfortable maintenance area, plus there's are the so many other issues that I don't believe you want to consider.

PS can cause complications. Enough to prevent someone from working full time for weeks or months. Are you mentally and financially? prepared for that? What if instead a d of 3 weeks of - you need to take 3 months off? What if your DH get sick and also need to stay home?

To me it seams like you act on impulse. Chasing the dream. Without considering the long term consequences.

I think Julie post upset you because you see how on a point she is. And you hate the truth. Truth hurts.

I do wish you best, and really hope that if you decide to go ahead with the PS - the results would be exactly what you wish for, and that you would no suffer any complications.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Deanna798
on 5/25/17 5:46 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have bounced up and down with my weight by 10 pounds.

I am nearly 2 years post op, and I have decided to do this to help me feel better about myself and my body.

If you are all so concerned about me, why come at me openly on the boards? I've never received a message from Julie, all I've ever gotten from her is open scorn and criticisms. This isn't the first time she's "been worried about me " but had2 never come to me directly to see what is going on.

I am not one to deny or ignore peoples opinions or advice, i work hard to keep an open mind. I know my own failings, but her post was presumptuous. Does she know my finances? My body, my actual weight right now? I bought a new fridge in November, puppy in January and 2 pairs of shoes in March, and she seems to know my financials and that I'm living above my means?

I am offended. Not because she thinks that I shouldn't have surgery, because whatever, I'm going to do what I want. But the gall and presumption of her post pissed me off.

NHPOD9
on 5/25/17 11:09 am
On May 25, 2017 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, Deanna798 wrote:

I have bounced up and down with my weight by 10 pounds.

I am nearly 2 years post op, and I have decided to do this to help me feel better about myself and my body.

If you are all so concerned about me, why come at me openly on the boards? I've never received a message from Julie, all I've ever gotten from her is open scorn and criticisms. This isn't the first time she's "been worried about me " but had2 never come to me directly to see what is going on.

I am not one to deny or ignore peoples opinions or advice, i work hard to keep an open mind. I know my own failings, but her post was presumptuous. Does she know my finances? My body, my actual weight right now? I bought a new fridge in November, puppy in January and 2 pairs of shoes in March, and she seems to know my financials and that I'm living above my means?

I am offended. Not because she thinks that I shouldn't have surgery, because whatever, I'm going to do what I want. But the gall and presumption of her post pissed me off.

Julie, and others, have made some good points, Deanna. You can't deny that you have been struggling to find your way and you may need some more time to get your head in the game before plastics. I'm not judging, as I completely understand the difficulty in maintenance. However, two years is just the beginning; maintenance only gets harder from here. You may want to establish some better habits before undertaking this.

And, unlike others, I feel using your 401k, for a cosmetic want, is a poor decision. You have a son getting ready for college and another young son who may have unforeseen needs. It would be different if you were using it for an urgent financial dilemma, but to me (and this speaks more to my view of PS), plastic surgery doesn't fall into that category. I would personally worry about an unexpected financial hit, especially since you've recently had monetary concerns.

But I am more cautious than most. I, too, don't think anyone is trying to intentionally hurt you, but if you are this angry, maybe you are recognizing some truth in the concerns being expressed.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/26/17 12:38 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I actually think Julie was coming from the right place and it is too bad that you decided to take her reply offensively. I agree with her comments, though I do not think I would have had her courage to express them to you.

I will not debate if you should or should not have PS at this point. I have an opinion, but it's just that, my opinion. But you have a long history of oversharing in public and that is why some of us are concerned. You are right, we don't know every last detail, but we know enough to express concern for your well being. I wish you wouldn't take that as an attack, but I can't say I agree with your interpretation of Julie's post just to make you feel better in this moment about your decisions.

You know, as I have shared in the past, I had severe complications from my PS. As a direct result, I was on bed rest for 10 months, living on Tramadol and losing so much weight that I was a pound away from an underweight BMI. My parents had to fly to Europe to take care of me and my family for the first 6 weeks as I couldn't do anything and after that we had to hire help. Those were incredibly dark moments in my life as you can imagine.

I then had a second surgery to explore what was wrong, this too had complications and I was again in hospital and on bed rest for another 3 months. That was 2 years ago and I am still dealing with issues related to my hernia repair and extended TT with muscle tightening. These complications require me to have an MRI and CTscan every 6 months, multiple doctors visits and other tests that I need to travel back to Europe for as I can't do it in Japan. I am forbidden from lifting anything over 4 kilos, pushing or pulling anything, no gym or physical exercise beyond walking. And I could go on...

I don't say all that to scare you or someone else off the idea of surgery. You and I have been in the same circle of online friends for a while now, so I hope you know that I am not being a ***** or nasty when I share this with you so publicly. It is in fact something I try not to talk about too much because people don't need to hear every horror story out there when they are trying to be brave and excited and make a big decision.

I was that unlucky .1% that has serious complications resulting from routine surgery. Most people don't have them, thank goodness. But it does happen and you (collective you) need to be prepared for anything. I hope that you are prepared for any outcome that may come your way, both good and bad. Good luck Deanna.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Oxford Comma Hag
on 5/25/17 5:46 am

I also think Julie is really concerned and not being mean or *****y. Julie is a kind person, but kind means doing and saying what will help someone rather than telling them what they want to hear.

You have a lot going on. You have said you drink, sometimes more than one glass of wine a night. You are taking medications that are contraindicated with alcohol consumption. That is dangerous.

You have also implemented a lot of changes over the past year. Plastics can have an extended healing time, and with everything you seem to have going on, this may not be the best time for you.

In the past, I was more harsh than I meant to be about the Vynase. I stand by my objection, though. From what I have seen you post, it doesn't seem to be helping.

Over the past year, you have careened from change to change. I don't think you are giving yourself enough time to settle into anything, and all the changes are throwing you off balance. Your actions seem increasingly frenetic.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/25/17 7:31 am, edited 5/25/17 12:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19

>> YET, you have never once reached out to me via PM, email or otherwise with your concerns.

Your over-the-top reaction, both here and on FB, to my observations is PRECISELY why I have not said anything previously.

>> My opinion is that you are insincere and judgmental for the sake of being ugly.

You are welcome to that opinion, but I (and hopefully others here) believe it to be completely off the mark.

You "KNOW how I am," yet have never once reached out to me via PM, email or otherwise with your concerns about my "ugliness." Interesting.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active