Arm Surgery (Brachioplasty) Experience with PHOTOS!

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/17 7:30 am

Welcome back to the blog!! This week is super exciting and scary for me to be publicly sharing my experience with plastic surgery after major weight loss. It's probably really exciting for you since you get to see the before and after photos and have your questions answered!

I want to start off by talking about WHY I decided to have plastic surgery. If you've followed my blog from day 1, then you know I lost 200 pounds during the first 2 years after having weight loss surgery. I had weight loss surgery to use as a tool to lose the weight. My goal was to get healthy. Once I was healthy, new goals came up. I wanted to feel COMFORTABLE and CONFIDENT in my own skin- and that didn't mean living with skin literally hanging off of my body. In 2012, I was 20 years old and with clothes on...I looked great! I looked like an average 20 year old. But underneath the clothes was the body of an 80 year old- saggy, wrinkled, and loose skin just hanging off of my body. I never wore tank tops, or crop tops, or shorts. I hid those areas because it was uncomfortable for me to expose them.

Yes- I was SO proud of myself for losing the weight and reaching my goals, but I felt like my journey just wasn't complete. I would stand in front of the mirror in my bra and underwear and literally would think..."ew". I was disgusted with myself. I was CONSTANTLY reminded of everything my body went through, and reminded that I was once obese. Even though I wasn't 350 pounds...I still felt like I was that girl because my loose skin would drape over my body. I would still wear long sleeves during the summer to cover my bat arms, and let me tell you it was miserable still having to do that.

I also waited to be two years out from weight loss surgery because I wanted to lose most of my weight and make sure I was maintaining before having plastic surgery. The last thing I wanted to do was to have plastic surgery too soon, lose more weight and end up having more extra skin. For me this was the best option. I talked to many doctors and personal trainers. All of them told me that there was no way to tighten the extra skin. I lost SO much weight in a short amount of time that my body didn't have time to catch up.

Below is my before and after photo from my arm surgery.

If you'd like to read the rest of my blog to hear about the pain, recovery, costs, and my experience please check out my profile page on here and my blog information is listed on how to find me! If you have any additional questions about this surgery after reading the blog, please ask! :)

FuturePinUp
on 8/3/17 4:24 am

Your arms look wonderful! That scar is basically invisible! Thank you for sharing!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/17 6:34 am

Thank You!!

Smallbites2015
on 8/6/17 3:01 pm

Thank you so much

Most Active