Thigh Lift with extral scars

It's Time
on 1/4/20 5:35 am

Hi,

Wondering if someone can advise...

I have seen a couple of photos of thigh lifts with the scars running down from the outside of the hip to mid-thigh only. I didn't know there were and alternative scar placement for thigh lifts and despite the visible scars I prefer this placement as I am really worried about the groin scars and scared about infections.

Does anyone know anything more about this type of thigh lift or doctors who perform it?

Thanks in advance

It's Time
on 1/6/20 8:32 am

I am still unsure of how to post images, but this is a link to what i mean.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_R8DfmBYLIWdcVd2FdYzQoyXZKQ qlrEu/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone have any comments, it would be much appreciated

Laura in Texas
on 1/6/20 9:54 am

Honestly, I have never heard of that being done. Who did the surgery of the person in the picture?

I would be interested in this method, too.

Have you contacted any plastic surgeons to see if they know anyone who does this? Dr. Lomonaco does a lot of surgery on bariatric patients and sometimes posts here. You could try contacting him to see if he knows of anyone who does this.

Keep us posted!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

It's Time
on 1/6/20 1:26 pm

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think I was alone in perfering this option.

I have found 2 people online. Both look amazing, One lady was kind enough to talk me through her journey and she is very pleased with the outcome, also both women did not need any revisions.

I have contacted a number of doctors about it and a few could not understand why I do not want the inner/hidden scar.

This placement appeals to me as i don't mind the scars (never show my legs anyway) and I think it will cut the infection risk massively. Happy to update this thread as i find out more.

One doctor so far has said it is a possibility but for me, it would need to be done in 2 stages and the placement could not be confirmed until the outcome of the lbl. I am still waiting to hear from the others i contacted. I also posted a question to realself but no doctors have answered yet. I have schedualed an appt. with 1 doctor who i think will be very intrested and has massive experience with wws, he is my best hope so keeping my fingers crossed and will update with the outcome.

Thank you i will add Dr. Lomonaco to the enquiry list

SuMari
on 1/8/20 10:49 am

I have a friend of mine who just had hers done (outer thigh lift) with Dr. Carmina Cardenas in TJ and have had several other friends who have gone to her. She is only 3 weeks post-op, but so far, she looks and feels great. overall she had over 15 pounds of excess skin (360 body lift with Flur De Leis abdominoplasty + outer thigh lift)

Leslie W.
on 1/14/20 2:53 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Never heard of having scars on the outside of thighs. Had mine from groin to knees. Outside would be very noticible. Inside scar would be hiddened.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Dee_Caprini
on 1/24/20 3:42 pm

How would you say your pain level was? I have larger hips and I am thinking a Thigh Lift is in my future, but I may want other procedures first

Leslie W.
on 1/24/20 4:07 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Won't lie the recovery was tough. Not the incisions down the thighs but the groin. Only sat to have BM. Again was amazed of how many muscle you need to pee. had some healing issues in the groin but did heal. Had amazing support from my surgeon. Thigh lifts have the highest risks for healing due to gravity and areas in groins. Would it stop me again nope as I did a spiral lift first then did medial. The pain disappears. as long as you follow MD advice and don't push self too fast you'll be fine. Thigh lift was my 3rd plastics went on to do the rest. Going for lipo in 10 days to add some definition. 8 years post RNY

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active