Love Is? (Written a week before my surgery)

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/06 1:09 pm - San Francisco, CA
When does one become a haven a peace, A shelter from the storm? When does love become the end all be all Of romance and humanity? When you become your own haven Create your own peace And understand that God is love. For without love, humanity will perish Without a haven of peace, wars will destroy Without a shelter from the storm, The flood will carry us away. In love we do languish, But it is not a divine love, only selfish, Burning bright, burning out With a brief intensity that is minute. But with the love of God, Those who languish in love will be set free The light will burn forever, Intensifying every hour, ever and ever. Until we find this amazing love, We march on, as sheep to the slaughter Burnt upon our own altars of sacrifice. Amazing love, help us to find you. That we may live in your haven of peace, Be sheltered from the storm And be saved from the flood. Copyright ©2006 Daphne Evans
Hondurian Queen
on 5/28/06 10:39 am - BOSTON, MA
I loved the poem and I wish you a safe surgery and will keep you in prayer god bless my sister
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/06 6:21 am - San Francisco, CA
Thank you so much! Surgery was a bit of a bear, but I am doing a bit better. Thanks for your response! Dee
Most Active
Recent Topics
stream of mind tonight
Zen Sapphire · 0 replies · 369 views
CONFESSIONS!
Hondurian Queen · 1 replies · 384 views
soulful poetry
Maritza . · 0 replies · 707 views