What can be done for my sister?

Wls Chik
on 6/3/06 11:31 pm - Someplace, ny
Hi Everybody, My sister has PCOS and has had it for several years. It took an endocrinologist/gynecologist to get my niece 11 yrs ago. Now that she's older and has other medical conditions her periods have become completely disabling. She bleeds so heavily she can't leave her house.They stopped the birth control pills and HRT and due to her severe migraines they say she can't have any HRT anymore. This is how she's dealt with her condition for years. She was recently diagnosed with Diabetes on top of it all... I am hoping to find some ideas and insight on this to assist her. She won't have WLS. She's had open brain surgery twice but is too afraid of WLS. I don't get it. They refuse to do a hysterectomy due to her weight. If anyone else has been in this boat I'd TOTALLY appreciate any and all help. THANKS in advance!!!
Brig
on 6/4/06 2:00 pm - Sterling, IL
If you go to the post PCOS and WLS I gave my answer to your post also. My life story. I was put on progesterone and am still on it to help my periods. They are 100 x's better now. I was such a heavy bleeder before and even after surgery. It does help much more now. The older I got the worse it got. I would recommend the surgery to her. I have a whole new life away from insulin and diabetes now. Freedom and a new life. Good luck. Any questions feel free to ask. Brigitte
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views