PCOS SUCKS

cHRISTINA1979
on 6/6/06 3:09 am - Bear, DE
didn't have a catchy title........ WEll I am 26yrs old, when i was 24 i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I had weight loss surgery 8/05 i have lost 80 lbs give or take. I weigh 280 before sugery Back in 2004 i read an article about PCOS no one ever disscussed it with me that it pretty much goes hand in hand with Type 2. I realized i had many of the symptems although i get a pretty regular pain free peroid, i was unable to become pregnant with any b/f, later husband...i knew all these guys couldnt be the bad seed. I asked my PCP doc to have me tested, it came back that i had some follicles. I went to a new OB GYN since the first didnt seem to wanted to tell me about this possiblity. Well the new one wasnt much better, she down sizxed it to many women have cyst and we can put you on birth control to help with the hair growth. WHAT! i want a baby, why would you put me on birth control, she offered no help. I honestly let it go i didnt push anymore doctors to tell me i was just fat and that was the infertility problem. now since i have had my surgery i am skinner, more or closer to my target /healthier weight, i had deciede to look for a new Ob GYN and get this taken care of, I know I am not suppose to be having babies YET but i can start the process of treatment. I asked my PCP for the pelvic ultrasound i had done back in 04' so i could take it to a new GYNO, i had never seen it before and thought the way she and the other OB had acted it was only one and no big deal. I have a few on one side and one on the other. Also a Nabothian cysts, 8mm in size. I have had routinePap smears done and never have i been told about this. OMG!!! I am hurt and angry that no one cared enough to help me. I am scared to death of not being able to have kids of my own, all those infetro treatments are very expensive beyond my means. I am still learning what all of these things will mean, but i read things from never having babies of your own to oh its no big deal. I made a new doc appt, they can;t see me til july, GREAT!! just another month of waiting....... can anyone offer me some more info, personal, i have read all the articles, i mean about treatment did it hurt, b/c i read that wih the Nabothian cysts, wont go away on its own, should be similar to lasered, i am not sure i am comfortable with that. thanx a bunch ladies, Christina
Kristy T.
on 6/6/06 8:26 pm - Stockton, CA
I'm so sorry that your doc didn't tell you the results of your original ultrasound. Have you had another one done since you lost the 80 lbs? You didn't mention if you were on any kind of birth control right now...if you are, they tend to shrink cycts (not sure about the Nabothian cyst though). Anyway...if you're not on a hormonal birth control, are you ovulating? If you're ovulating...then IVF shouldn't be needed. If you're not sure if you're ovulating...you can know by tracking your basal body temprature each morning. Let me know if you're not sure how and I can let you know. Tracking my BBT is how I concieved my first month trying at 16 months post op (with PCOS). Good luck! Kristy PCOS EDD 8/6/06 31w3d It's a girl - Alice Kay
cHRISTINA1979
on 6/11/06 6:38 am - Bear, DE
I am sorry i didnt get back sooner, i dont get on much, i have to use a public Pc I don;t have the internet at my home. I am not and have not been on any birth control, and no i have not had another ultra sound done, hopefully the new Gyno will help guide me down that and other lab work i will need. I have a bbt BUT its confusing Can you give a short cut, simple version to how to read them. I bought those over the counter ovulation tests, but it never showed that i was ovulating, so i really have no idea. i just want a lil' bundle of joy, but everyone around me says "it will happen, no need to rush" they have no idea what iam going through, or the medical condition that culd be hampering this process. you know?? Christina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2997 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views