SO HAPPPPPYYY

Shannon J.
on 6/13/06 4:11 am - Lahaina, HI
I never knew this forum was here!!! I have PCOS pretty bad~I don't think there is one symtom I don't have. Any tips?? Any benefots from the WLS MAhalo Shannon PS take a look at my profile it shows more about me lol
Kristy T.
on 6/13/06 5:44 am - Stockton, CA
I too have PCOS and before I had surgery it was pretty bad. You name it...I had it. I had no cycles, never ovulated (even with meds), had skin tags, ancanthosis nigricans, IR that later turned to diabetes, hypertension....and worst of all I couldn't loose weight no matter how hard I tried. Anyway, I had the RNY procedure almost 2 years ago and lost 117 lbs putting me 3 lbs below goal at just past a year out. After I went off the birth control patch I had regular cycles with ovulation for the first time in my life and was able to get pregnant our first month not using protection and are now expecting our first baby...my little girl...8/6. Anyway...if you want more details of my journey...feel free to check out my profile and good luck getting approved for surgery! Kristy EDD 8/6/06 32w2d It's a girl - Alice Kay
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/06 11:32 pm - CT
Hi Everyone here, I too have PCOS and I too am a year out from my surgery. I had my surgery on Feb. 10,2005.. Prior to my surgery I had PCOS in the worst way. Everything you could have I had. I was diagnosed with Pcos when I was 19 years old, I am now 31. What a journey it is in itself. My first husband and I had been trying to to get pregnant for 2 and 1/2 years until I finally found a dr that knew something about PCOS. We determined through all the bloodwork and tracking my cycles that I wasn't ovulating every month. I was taken glucaphage which turned my stomach so bad that I had to get off it. We were doing the bbt and the bloodtest throughout my cycles to timed intercourse. I was also taken provera to bring on my cycle. Then they decided to put me on Clomid after being on 50mgs of clomid I got pregnant with my daughter 3 months later. What a surprice I was so excited and so happy that clomid helped. My pregnancy went well with NO complications No nothing. I gained 30 pounds toward the end with her. Hannah now is a vibraint 8 year old who fills my life with joy and happiness. Well after Hannah was born we decided after a year we would go at it again. We had move hope this time around knowing that clomid worked after 3 months we were so hopefull it wouldn't take us that long. Well I was wrong. I started 50mgs of clomid and it didn't work. I went up to 150mgs when it was all said and done. It took us 1 year and 1/2. With 2 m/c. It wasn't as bad as the first journey but still hurt. After ttc for 1 1/2 years we conceived our son Aaron, him too was uneventful and he was full term. Aaron is 4 years old now. Well in Feb 2005 I had gastric bypass surgery. I started at 290 and I am now down to 190 pounds. I lost 100 pounds and feel great. I also after a month of surgery I started getting my periods every month as well as ovulating on my own. The hair growth on my face I believe has subsided but unfortunetly hasn't disappeared. I was so excited just to get a period on my own. If anything that was my biggest concern. I kept telling my first husband that I needed to get fixed or he did because I am fertile now. He would laugh at me and didn't take me serious. Well when he came back from his 6 month deyployment I was right. I got PREGNANT on our own NO ttc NO drugs NO nothing. Unfortunetly I was not happy. We were in the begginging of seperation and I wasn't a year out from my surgery. At that point I was still at the ME stage where I was still losen weight and I didn't want to get big and fat again. My dr too was disapointed and talked to me too. Well, with the baby being at 6weeks and me actuallly being 8 weeks we had a m/c. I had morning sickness so bad, I had to force myself to eat and when I did eat it would all just come back up. After the m/c I ended up losen some more weight. I left my husband and met my new husband who I am so happy with now. He is so supportive, he understands the surgery because his ex wife went through the surgery too. He is just amazing. We decided in November 2005 that I would get an IUD. Well that didn't work, I plead the whole time it was in and I didn't stop. I told my husband that I didn't think it was the right decision that I needed to have it removed. Jan 2006 we had it out my pleading came to a hualt and I started getting my period back on time again. I got my divorce finalized in April and remarried in April as well. YEA LOL LONG STORY..... Hubby and I started ttc officially in April as well, Well ladies 3 months and I AM PREGNANT..... I am 6 weeks pregnant and am doing WELL. We are so excited and I am so happy and can't wait. With my story I want everyone to know that is ttc with PCOS it is possible. Keep pluggin through, join support groups that know about or have PCOS and get that encouragement you need. IT WILL HAPPEN... I do beleive had I not had gastric bypass surgery myself. It wouldn't have happen like this for me. Please anyone feel free to email me anytime, I would luv to lend my support to you all. I've been were your at and I want you all to know there is HOPE.... TARA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views