PCOS/Endometreosis

klclapper
on 6/13/06 5:35 am - Auburn, IL
Anyone else be diagnosed w/ both? I was back in 2002. I had surgery to remove the cysts and was found to have endometreosis which was lasered at the time to remove what they could. I was also treated w/ Lupron injections. Not something I would recommend. I had some pretty bad side effects from the injections. It was recommended that I get pregnant right away but wasn't a option at that point, hense the injections. I just had my WLS August of 2005 and am down almost 80lbs. Feeling much better and have had no major symptoms since my surgery. I hate to think how many years I was symptomatic and that they didn't catch this the first time I had a D&C done back when I was in High School. It wasn't until almost 10 years later that I was finally diagnosed and treated.. What a relief. Kelli
Ravenwulf
on 8/1/06 11:44 pm - Killeen, TX
RNY on 10/04/05 with
I too am diagnosed with both. I have had 2 curgical "cleanings" to remove endometrial tissue, did multiple rounds of birth control (patches, pills, etc) and then landed on 3 months of Lupron Depo shots. I agree that the side effects are murderous (now I now why menopausal women are so cranky!) but the good thins was it knowcked the endo on it's butt for about 6 months. That was then....Unfortunately it's back again with reinforcements. My drs have recommened I get pregnant again, but frankly my only child (she's 6, a gift of clomid) is so mentally ill right now I would worry for everyone's lives. Seriously considering a stronger hormone bc to keep my cycles regular and my bariatric dr wants my blood tested again to see if I need to go back on the metformin. I am 10 months out, down about 130 pounds (thank god!) and starting to gain regardless of recudtion in calories and continued activity. Let me know if you need any help! Raven
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views