what I have been through...LONG

cHRISTINA1979
on 7/19/06 7:12 am - Bear, DE
Went to the Dr. (new gyno) beginning of July 7th, I brought him an old untra sound report which said i had many follicles. did pap test ..no results yet July 10th repeated ultrasound (pelvic/transvaginal) it too showed many folicles and i could swear my right ovary has gotten bigger in size according to the report, but the Dr. didnt seem concerned with that or the cysts. I still have a Nabothian cyst and now a "daughter cyst" July 17th Blood work. 10 viles..I know!! OMG (oh my gawd) hahah No results on that yet. July 18th Had a semi painful precedure done.....uterus biopsy...theres intials for it but I can't remeber... so far no results I am starting to see a pattern here..............SLow lab....frustrating now looks like beginning of August, i will go to the hopistal for another precedure, x-ray dye...where they inject the uterus with dye while taking x-rays and follow the dye through the tubes, be sure they are clear and open. after that then onto out patient surgery to have scopes in to look around. YEAH! lol the Dr. says so far it looks like PCOS but i wantto be sure.... to be honest i dont mind going through the tests if it gets me some answers and a little miracle. Does this sound ilike what you'll have been though already? In my head i listen to the Dr and he says "oh most women get preg. in 6months with clomid treatment" sounds great.....so my brian says oh no worries complete the tests start the meds and boom you'll be preg. then i read and read some more and it doesnt sound like most women have been that lucky..scares me to death... I havent disccused any of this with my family or my boyfriends family , only b/c no one understands or cares to....they will say what they have in the past you are 26 years old and not fincial secure (which i may never be). They don't get the idea that I may have many years of difficulty in front of me, and when you reach 30 it gets even harder. To be honest I am secretly hoping to have muliples the first time.... i know...i know....i prolly shouldn't but I am. heheh Christina
Rachel K.
on 7/27/06 11:58 am - moore, SC
Hey Christina, Yes! That sounds exactly like the song and dance the my reproductive endocrinologist put me through to diagnose me with PCOS. He basically rulled out everything else. It took so much time out of my life and we found out what we thought was the case in the beginning. SCREAM!!! I have PCOS!!! Duh!!! Well, DH and I have been married 5 years and wanted to have a baby. My body was not responding to the clomid even at the max dose along with metformin. So, before we went any further my RE advised me to look into weight loss surgery. He said my chances would greatly improve with weight loss. I was reading in your profile that you had the surgery but you didn't mention how much weight you had lost in all?? Are you having regular periods? Are you ovulating at all? I wish you the best. Rachel
Darlene X
on 8/1/06 7:12 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Rachel... Your story sounds so similar to mine! We have been married & TTC 5 years... after several rounds of Clomid & Femara with no sign of ovulation I decided to focus on weight loss and see where that takes me. I rarely got periods, maybe once every 9 months..... Im 4 & 1/2 months post-op now and -106lbs, and just had my first non-medically induced peiod in a LONG time--- that makes me so hopeful!! Im counting down the months until Im allowed to try get pregnant again (12 months per my surgeon). Anyway just wanted to say Hi! Darlene 338/232/170
Rachel K.
on 8/1/06 7:19 am - moore, SC
Darlene, WOW!!! 106lbs in 4 1/2 months. That is incredible. Also having your non medically induced period is fantastic!!! The one time that I had a period on my own, I went bananas. I was so excited. My husband was so confused. He said aren't women upset when they get their periods? LOL!! I am still pre-op but I hope to get surgery soon. Take care and good luck!! Rachel
Cheleya
on 8/1/06 12:15 am - Somewhere, MI
Christina, Hi! What you are going through with the infertility workup is standard procedure. Also, once you succeed in having a baby and wish to have another, unless you conceive right away you'll most likely have to go through it all again. I have had 5 HSGs (hysterosalpingograms...the dye in the tube test) in my lifetime...fun fun fun! By the way, statistically, once you have that test, you have a slightly greater chance of becoming pregnant about 3 months afterwards due to the nature of the "flushing" involved in the test, but I digress... I have been through a lot of infertility tests and treatment...if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck! Multiples are fun! Chele
Kialya
on 10/15/06 2:36 am - Byron, GA
Sounds right to me! Might I also suggest if your doctor says you DO have PCOS that you add the drug Metformin/ also called Glucophage to your daily medication routine. (I took 2 tablets of 850 mg twice a day). Studies have shown that the combination of Clomid and Metformin up your chances of getting pregnant. (It worked for me - 15 years of infertility and every workup known to man and nothing - then I have RNY, lose 134 lbs and on my 5th cycle of back on the fertility medication bus I got pregnant Kia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1058 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3011 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3618 views