OMG!! New here, and thank goodness I found you all!!

Denise W.
on 1/19/07 6:44 am - Fulton, MO
I am so elated to see this messag board on here. I had Lap-Band 12/19, been watching that forum since the fall off and on.  I've been on there daily since surgery. I finally saw the show all forums choice, and lo and behold I found this.  I read some of your posts and I wanted to cry.  I know absolutely no one with the extent of facial/body hair problems I have, and it has been totally discouraging to me!!  I will try to check here more often.  My  hair growth was heavier than normal in high school but didn't become totally outrageous until after I graduated, and it has just gotten worse. I am going to bite the bullet and sink the money into laser hair removal, well at least I'm going to go for my "free consult."  I hope it is what it is cracked up to be. I had electrolyiss 12 years ago and it was a total flop.  I'm just so glad to have found you. P. S. I really don't want to take another medication, so what are the opinions on needing something like metformin/glucophage or not.

DENISE W.

Vivid
on 1/19/07 7:08 am - Western, MA
Hi Denise, I have had PCOS for about 15 years and ever since banding have not needed any meds (for diabetes either) and have been ovulating/menstruating every single month.  I have dark hair on my face, chin and neck and have been doing laser for a year now.  I absolutely LOVE it.  It has been amazing.  I used to get a "five o'clock" shadow every day, now I could easily go 2 days before noticing it.  The amount of dark hair has been greatly reduced but is still there.  I bought a package deal of 6 treatments which entitles me to lifelong visits - highly recommended for PCOS patients - as the little darkies may show up in new spots over the years.  Good luck with yours.
Vivid
"Tomorrow's another day"
happywife
on 2/3/07 10:46 am
you bought a package that after 6 treatments if you need more they are free?????? WOW!
Gigee
on 1/30/07 11:44 pm, edited 1/30/07 11:53 pm - Newark, DE
Personally I take Aldactone. It was prescribed for me to treat the symptoms of PCOS. I can grow a full beard. Had 5 o'clock shadow worse than any man I know. Long coarse black hair on my legs, feet, toes, belly, chest, arms, shoulders and back. And of course I rarely menustrated.  I began taking 100 mg of Aldactone twice a day and after approixmately 6 months I began to see a noticble difference. After a year the hair completely disappear from my legs, belly, chest, arms, shoulders, back and the 5 0'clock shadow went away. Yes, I still have to shave every morning, but no longer am I a hairy beast.  I know you don't want that take yet another medicine, but this one, in my opinion, is worth looking in to.  I also began, for the first time in my life, a regular monthly cycle. Best wishes! Gigee

Gigee

...if we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin. ---Ivan Turgenev

happywife
on 2/3/07 10:50 am
I was started on several different types of medication from the time i was 12 till just a few years ago. none of the medications did anything to help me. i have heard that they do help some people though. you should try them and see if they help you. but if you try them make sure you give them a chance. like a previous person posted, it took 6 months to notice a difference. you have to take them religiously and give them a chance to work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views