New to board

CeiliKid
on 2/27/07 1:58 am
I never noticed when I clicked on forums that there was an option for "More Forums" and what do my wondering eyes spy?  I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000 just shortly before I got married, I went for about 7 years undiagnosed. My husband and I adopted our son last year. We've been through several surgeries and rounds of fertility to get pregnant. We are going to start looking for more children now through adoption. My son has begun talking about a little brother and little sister and he's only two! I had RNY 5 weeks ago and I'm hoping that some of my PCOS symptoms will settle down a bit. I've been menstruating for well over a month now and the hair on my face is getting out of control. It seems to get worse every year. Glad to have found you.
Even when your hope is gone...move along.
Kristy T.
on 2/28/07 6:00 pm, edited 2/28/07 6:10 pm - Stockton, CA
Welcome to the board!  I noticed that for a while right after surgery my stuff got out of whack.  See....estrogen is stored in fat...and since you're melting away fat...your body is releasing lots of estrogen now.  Give your body some time...and things should calm down.  For me...although the hair on my face didn't get better...it did stop getting worse. Oh...and on the fertility thing.  DH & I tried for 8 years to get pregnant (Clomid & injectables w/ IUI) before I had surgery.  Once my weight was gone...boom...pregnant.  So...just keep in mind that once the weight is gone...you may not need to adopt afterall! Good luck! Kristy
                     102_1463.jpg image by goddess819                                               102_1481.jpg image by goddess819    
Lilypie - (8NSG)            Lilypie - (HyKO) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views