Newbie here.. Question with PCOS.

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/07 1:45 am - Plymouth, MN
I have PCOS and I was put on Yasmin a few years ago while I was in highschool.  I got pregnant last April unexpectidly, and miscarried at 8 weeks.  I'm deathly afraid that I won't be able to have children some day because of this, and being overweight.  I am almost 100lbs over my "normal" weight range, and this is a main reason I want this surgery. I am currently at 245, and 5'10" tall... I carry everything right around my waste.  ugh.  I'm just starting this journey and checking out Lap-Band.  I have an appt with my main doctor next week.  I'm incredibly afraid that insurance will deny me though since my BMI is 34.4 and I borderline qualify.  It's only going to get worse, weight wise in my book and I've never ever been successful in losing weight and keeping it off - and this is my last resort.  I'm young, and I want to get in shape, and get healthy for when I want to try to have another child again.   The only other problems/conditions I have are well, PCOS, Hypoglycemia w/ fainting spells, Depression/Anxiety, and endless diets growing up with no successful loss. Anyone else in the same boat and get approved for WLS? My insurance is with PatientChoice Signature - Wausau Benefits ... I hear they're a real "treat" to deal with... ?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1070 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 3022 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3625 views