Where to start.............help!!!!

Heather L.
on 9/19/11 12:00 am - Phenix City, AL
I have pcos and am considering sleeve surgery......I don't know where to start. Can anyone help? Has anyone had this and what is the success rate with pcos. I have been on so many diet and excercise programs and I will work out like a mad woman for months and only drop 10 lbs to have it creep back on.....currently taking metformin for it.......I was diagnosed earlier this year and didn't struggle with weight issues until my mid 20's........Any advice or help would be great!
kanga003
on 9/20/11 11:51 am
For me the ONLY thing that allows any weight loss is LOW carb...

I started doing Atkins in late March... lost about 66 lbs before my VSG in mid-July... since then I have lost another 41 lbs... so it has been going VERY well for me.

HOWEVER, even after surgery, I stall if I let my carbs get above 40...

I have been following the 60+grams of protein (sometimes struggle), 40 grams of carbs or less (I aim for not more than 30... hit 11 today), 600-800 calories, 64+ oz water/fluids (I still struggle with that) and MOVE philosophy.  It is not what my NUT recommends, but it is popular on the VSG board and is working for me.

Hope that helps :-)
Heather L.
on 9/21/11 2:28 am - Phenix City, AL
Thanks I was just curios as to how well the progress goes with pcos. I have done so many diets and always stop losing after about 10-20 lbs and thats with working out. So I just wanted to know what to expect when I get the surgery.
Renee2be
on 10/5/11 8:12 pm - NC
Pcos was a big reason i chose the RNY.  It is supposed to stop it cold and more than likely reverse it!!!!!!!!1  I am not sure the impact the VSG has as i have not researched it.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3601 views