Just Diagnosed

kellydenae
on 10/8/11 9:29 am - TX

I was just diagnosed with PCOS.. I am frustrated that I have this and that I am not able to get pregnanct.. My MD now has me on hormones and clomid to get me pregnant. .Any advice you can give me on what to expect?  

Renee2be
on 10/8/11 9:07 pm - NC
I went through this,  the clomid treatments the whole 9.  Be careful and good to your self.  PCOs causes a hormone imbalance and usually weight gain.  I am surprised it popped up after RNY as my Surgeon told me it would stop it or reverse it, is it possible you have had it for sometime?

Well instead of your body ovulating like it should the eggs build up in the ovaries making them look like lil clusters of grapes.  

The clomid will help you to gow the eggs to matuirty and ovulate.  Also there will be a lot of ultrasounds and babysitting of the eggs.  Are you just on clomid now or will you be doing the HCG shots as well to time ovulation?

I got pregnant using this method, but i had a couple of miscarriages and pre term delivieries due to incompetent cervix.  Dont take a pg test after the HCG shot you will get a false positive from the shot.

Good luck to you on your journey and with your quest to have a family. I will gladly share my experience with you on this.

kellydenae
on 10/9/11 11:52 am - TX
Yes, I have probably have it for sometime but was never actually diagnosed.. I was terrified of Gynos so I never went and my PCP always did my paps no questions really asked. I take my last Provera pill on Tuesday, then AF will more then likely come on Wednesday ( it usually happens the very next day) then Clomid then the Estrace.. For now no HCG.. I am prepared not to ovulate the first month until she can figure out my levels.. I am on the lowest dose for now, so we will see.. I kinda wish that I could just do the IUI..
jessielynn0521
on 10/10/11 10:55 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
Good Luck I had taken the provera to get my period and then clomid  with no luck the only thing it did for me was make me act like a total lunatic. 

Renee2be
on 10/10/11 11:47 am - NC
Yeah, i had forgot that clomid is like instant "b" in a bottle.  It was when i was taking it.  I couldnt hardly stand my own self.
jessielynn0521
on 10/10/11 2:31 pm - Ronkonkoma, NY
I know right I told my Dr I did not know how he expected me to get pregnant on it when my husband could not get near me without me wanting to kill him lol   I was queen B when taking it  my husband made me stop taking them he said IVF or adoption but no more ***** pills lol

Toy T.
on 10/29/11 3:13 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Hi Kelly. Yeah that is weird your PCOS came up after you lost weight. My sxs were dormant after surgery and stayed that way until I started gaining weight. I did the clomid, ovidrel, and back to back IUIs 2x and they didn't work for me. They wanted to start me on injectables but advised me I must lose at least 80 pounds first. I looked at them and said what do you want me to go on a crack diet bc there is no way I can lose that. She told me well you had GB. I said it no longer works so here I am trying to get a revision. 

From my own experience fertility tx is one of the most nerve wracking and devastating things someone could go through. Clomid made me hungry, sensitive, overly emotional, and just overall a basket case. Even though I have my periods montly and ovulate on my own I had to do the ovidrel shot so they can time my IUIs. Now I don't know which one it was or maybe a combination of the 2 but they will have you thinking you are pregnant. You have all the sxs of being pregnant from nausea, vomiting, extra sensitive breasts (ohhh that was the worse. I literally had to sleep with my bra on bc my nipples hurt so bad), veins became more prominent, etc...I used pregnancy tests everyday to see how soon the ovidrel shot left my body which was within a few days and just as I was about to test to see if the IUIs took my period came on both times. I had to take off work a couple of days each time bc I was so depressed.

Some women are lucky and immediately get pregnant off the clomid. Some women get pregnant after a few cycles and then some women never get pregnant off it at all. So it will depend solely on your body and you. I told my doctor when I lose the weight I wont be going back on Clomid. Never again but I wish you look and much success. There is a great fertility forum I belong to but had to stop going bc it was too painful to see when someone posted that they had a BFP. Let me know if you want the website and I will find it for you.

Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views