Periods?

Jackie F.
on 2/9/12 8:31 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
With having PCOS for the past 15 yrs or so my period is well NON existant.  I can even tell you when my last period was but if I had to guess I would say probably 7 yrs ago.  Anywhoo Im gonna have the VSG surgery pretty soon and was wondering will my periods regulate after  a while?  I some day would love to have children.  Im 30 yrs old now but thinking of starting to try to have a child by 35
kelly33
on 2/17/12 6:32 am - Lake Placid, NY
VSG on 01/17/12
you know, what's funny, due to PCOS, i've always been irregular or never had a period unless birth control induced...

I had my surgery january 17th of this year, after going roughly 5 months without a period, and it came on it's own the next day in the hospital.  30 days later it came again.  so it's only been 2 months worth...but it's looking up.
Jackie F.
on 2/17/12 6:38 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
wow that's amazing.  Like you the only time I've gotten my period is when its been induced by birth control.  I wonder if I will become regular post op?  Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/12 10:38 am - PA
 i had my surgery 6 months ago, it took about 2 months for my period to start and i only skipped once when my bf and i had a few protective slips and i thought i was pregnant. but its been regular for 3 months comes within the first 10 days and stays about 3 just like it used to when i was 16, my last period i can remember having was july 17th 2004 (i only remember this cause i won a meet and greet pass and met my favorite band and was like of course i have my period when i meet them)

my next period was december of 2011 right after surgery, omg, i forgot how painful cramps were.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1045 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2992 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3603 views