PCOS VSG Three Weeks Out

KPojer85
on 6/8/14 7:12 am

I am new to obesity help. I have been a member for a long time but have not had time to really update anything until I actually went through with my surgery. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 18 after my Freshman year of college my periods were irregular, I gained a ton of weight and I had black chest hair in a little strip between my boobies. My periods were two months apart and were long and crampy. I knew something was up. My Mom took me to my OBGYN and I explained to her about the symptoms she then ran some blood tests and diagnosed me with PCOS. I was immediately put on Birth Control and Metformin XR and they started to help regulate everything. All of a sudden my weight ballooned and I was not able to do anything about lost weight gained weight lost weight gained weight.  All of a sudden I then decided to have VSG and something happened. I had to go off birth control for surgery and I was like ah I am not gonna get a period. All of a sudden this past Tuesday I got a real natural period. I then realized I ovulated. 

tpasun
on 6/24/14 10:10 am

that's awesome! Been fighting PCOS for about 12 years, maybe longer.... having surgery later this summer, and I can't wait.  Good luck and I hope things keep getting better for you!

LISER617
on 7/9/14 6:30 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

a great sign for things to come! congrats!!

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

TilTheSkinnyLadySing
s

on 9/3/14 1:18 pm - Shelby Township, MI

Congrats! My story is very similar and I just got sleeved about a week ago (Aug 25) I'm so excited to be "regular" again! haha

xcherryblossomx
on 10/20/14 6:07 am - British Columbia, Canada
VSG on 04/18/14 with

This is a late response, but congrats! Same happened to me after my VSG. When I had my first normal and natural period I was like wow! Then I ovulated and was like holy crap... my body is becoming "normal" (LOL)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1046 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2993 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3604 views