wl stall :(

ashleyyy
on 10/22/14 6:13 pm

I had rny surgery on oct 2nd and i havent lost anything this past week and a half.. its makjng me nervous because the first month youre supposed to lose a lot! I do have pcos and my dr Cut my metformin and spirolactone once i had my surgery. Im just wondering if a) this stall is normal so soon after surgery or b) if i need to go back on metformin.. my neck is starting to get dark again which is making me worry too.. which i know means excess sugar in the bloodstream. Does anybody take met after surgery?  Blahhh! Somebody help!!

Zizzler
on 10/26/14 10:31 am

I am 2.5 months out and I have the same questions - in my case the excess hair has returned to a certain degree.  I am taking the full amount of spironolactone but no metformin at all since before opti.  Let me know what your doctor says, I will be asking the same from mine.

ashleyyy
on 10/26/14 1:23 pm

So the dr said i can take metformin again because im starting to get a dark ring aroumd my neck (from elevated sugar levels) my dr said no to the spirolactone because my blood pressure has super dropped! Apparently metformin is absorbed better now so literally my dosage when to 2000mg down to 500mg and i have to be careful to not get low blood sugar- which has happened atleast once a day.. ill let you know of the weightloss starys again now that im on the met :)

Zizzler
on 10/30/14 10:53 am

If you could that would be great, I hope it helps. I am seeing my doctor next week and will be asking about met and excess hair, whether it might help. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/14 12:27 am
VSG on 03/26/14

I never was able to take metformin I had steroid injections. I stalled after VSG for 3 weeks because I had lost so much the 1st month of surgery. Give it time and make sure you are doing what you are suppose to. I noticed if I don't take in the right about of fluid I don't lose and If my protein level is low I don't lose.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1045 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2992 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3603 views