HELP/DEPO SHOT/ADIPEX-P

MMB29
on 1/20/15 11:56 am - Bensalem, PA

I had my surgery done almost 5 years ago. Pre-op weight was 326lbs. I hit my goal weight 2 years ago which was 135 but decided I could afford to lose another 10lbs. So I have maintained my weight of 125lbs for over a year now. I have poly cystic ovaries and I am still having trouble finding a birthcontrol (pill form) that regulates my period. In October my gyno suggested the Depo for the first time. I had my first shot in Oct & my second one in Dec. I have never gained back any weight since I have had my surgery nor have I ever had any weight gain with any forms of birth control until now. I haven't changed my calories intakes or diet or my exercise routine in fact after I noticed weight gain I went even healthier (If that's even possible) and increased my cardio and I haven't lost a pound. Since I have been on the depo I have gained 20lbs. I am VERY upset by this! I know some people say they gain back 20 to 50lbs but I have and make a conscious effort NOT to be that group that does. My family physician suggested ADIPEX-P. I just started taking it today with no side effects. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS AMOUNT OF WEIGHT GAIN WITH THE DEPO SHOT? ALSO HAS ANYONE TRIED ADIPIX-P (POST OP) AND HAS IT HELPED ETC? ANY FEED BACK ON EITHER QUESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :)

mjctexas2015
on 6/30/15 7:13 am

did you stop taking the depo shot?  I have a friend at work who did these shots; she gained 80 lbs.  I have not had WLS, but I used adipex years ago to help control my appetite, and it did.  I was able to lose weight with it, but was also mindful of what I was eating as well.  hope you have found a solution for your PCOS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2995 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views