PCOS and WLS...does it go away?

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/04 11:05 pm
Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS at 19, and have steadily gained weight ever since. I am now at my all time high, and have consistently been told by my PCP that the symptoms (perhaps even the syndrome) would disappear if I lost the excess weight. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Lynn G.
on 7/7/04 11:02 am - Branford, FL
It does with some and it doesnt with some. So far I am down 30 pounds or so since may 18th and my fiance noticed yesterday that the facial air (lip and eye brow) isnt growing as fast. So I think thats a good sign. Also I havent been hurting during sex as much either. Hopefully, it will keep on going. Lynn
Toy T.
on 9/19/04 7:41 am
DS on 02/22/12
Thank you Lynn, I was diagnosed with PCOS a fee yrs ago while I was in college and I did not really have an active sex life because I was concentrating on all school but my senior yr I got a steady boyfriend and we "had" sex if you can call it that but it hurt so bad. I thought something was wrong with me and I just hated sex but I enjoyed it with my self. I did some research after reading your post and this is very common with PCOS. Thank you for making me feel somewhat normal now.
shanamini
on 7/24/04 11:19 am - Hamilton, OH
Hi! I went undiagnosed with PCOS for roughly 18 years. When I was officially diagnosed with PCOS, I had 6 of the 7 symptoms. (The only one I haven't had was the actual ovarian cycsts.) I had my surgery just over a year ago. 3 months after my surgery, I had my first period that wasn't drug induced, in two years. 3 months later I had my next period, and since I have had one monthly, and exactly on schedule. (What a change that has been!) Most of the other symptoms are gone, but my facial hair is still here, but it is lighter. But, maybe now, I can have children. Who knows? ~Cyndi
Dinka Doo
on 7/29/04 10:26 am - Medford, OR
It likely will help, but it may not ever go away. It's kind of like mild diabetes being in check with diet. You still have it, but you don't suffer ill effects if you eat right. I am 4.5 months out and had my period right away and then 1 a month later....then nothing. Then everything. Now I have been bleeding off and on (mostly on) for about 6 weeks or more. I can't wait until I'm regulated. This really blows wind. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3601 views