PCOS as a comorbidity!

lori2778
on 1/6/05 9:40 am - North West, PA
I just thought i would let everyone know that my surgeon (dr. George Eid from Pitsburgh) is currently conducting a research study to evaluate the effects of gastric bypass surgery on PCOS. I have agreed to participate ( no not paid) but one day it may enable PCOS to be considered a comorbidity and WLS a possible treatment for it ( take that Insurance company ) thought i'd let my fellow PCOSers know!!! have a great day everyone!!! ~Lori 305/255/150
tdr651
on 6/29/05 2:21 pm - Pompano Beach, FL
I just posted a question about this, so as of right now it is NOT a co-morbidity? I wonder why? It is so harmful to us and for me I cant get pregnant and I have the worst time with pain and stuff, I cant believe insurance companies wont let you use this as your main problem. I would love to get involved with studies, please keep me updated if you can. You can email me directly at [email protected] Thanks and good luck.
KristalGerou
on 6/29/05 4:43 pm - Kimberly, WI
Have you called and asked your insurance company some say it is and some say no you wont really know if you don't call mine said yes it was Kristal 59 days and counting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2991 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3601 views