pcos since 14

chandra A.
on 5/31/05 4:45 pm - bakersfield, CA
i have always had all the side effects of pcos. i hav needed 5 D&Cs and tryed every type of fertility pill and shot since i was 18. 3 weeks before my wls, i had to have a overy removed because a cyst on it was 8 cenimeters and twisted.(verry painfull) after it was out and after my wls it seems all my simptoms are going away. my only question now is, am i fertal? i dont want to be disapointed any more. but i guess only time will tell.
Dinka Doo
on 6/19/05 6:43 am - Medford, OR
Chandra - Are you having regular periods now? That would be a good place to start to know if you are fertile. If you are having regular cycles, I would suspect you are ovulating. The quality of ovulation and other factors could still cause a problem, but generally if you are feeling on the mend with the PCOS, I'd say your chances are much better. Have you checked with your doc lately? They would be the best judge of this. I would say that maybe you should start charting your cycles to see what your hormones are doing. If you don't know anything about it, buy the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. That is THE book to buy to know how to understand your body. You can also chart online here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ and it helps you along the way to know how to gauge what is going on. Good luck! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views