After surgery does the PCOS go down...

Ramona
on 8/3/05 5:43 am - KY
What I want to know is that right now I tested 64 which is low compared to the 84 I tested before in having male hormones.. anyways does it go down and in remission.. Will, I ever have to worry about it again....
Blackthorne
on 8/12/05 4:49 am - Alpharetta, GA
I'm guessing it does go down, because WLS helps diabetes, and one of the symptoms of PCOS is insulin resistance, so it will probably help that too. Insulin resistance is why we take Glucophage/Metformin which is normally given to diabetics. I would think the other associated issues (excess testosterone) would be reduced as well. But that's just a guess.
Ann
on 8/21/05 6:40 am - Simi Valley, CA
How do you get that test done? I'd like to know if mine is getting any better or not. I'm 3 months out and have lost about 85 pounds (30 before surgery). Plus, I better be more carefull with birth control if things really do change that quickly!!! Ann
Dinka Doo
on 9/14/05 7:47 pm - Medford, OR
It will get better but for some people it may still need corrective control. I haven't had levels taken but I can say my cycles are as normal as they can be with this and definitely my ovulation is on track. You CAN have a recurrence of symptoms even after you lose the weight though. Since it's caused by insulin resistance, if you get the insulin out of whack the other hormones can and do tend to get out of whack also. The syndrome never goes away but can be controlled. If you are good about your diet it helps a lot. Dina
Dedicated
on 10/14/05 12:54 pm - Eleva, WI
Depends on your symptoms. Mine is still bad as ever. The only thing that got better was less period pain and heaviness.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2997 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views