NEED ADVICE AND ENCOURAGEMENT

stephanienell
on 4/9/06 4:40 pm - Carrollton, TX
Hello to fellow PCOS-ers I have my 1st consult on 4-10-06 and I am so nervous! I think its because i am afraid my insurance won't approve me. I have been trying to diet on my own since 1997, i can't afford a nutritionist or a trainer. But i have tried so hard! In 2002 my doctor told me about PCOS and she thinks I have it. We have done all the blood work since then and she is pretty sure I am insulin resistant. Ughhhh, is there anyone that is in or was in the same boat as me?
Kristy T.
on 4/10/06 5:59 am - Stockton, CA
First of all...good luck on your consult appt today! Although PCOS isn't considered a co-morbid the IR should be as it's a precurser to diabetes. As for your insurance...call them directly and ask them when they need for approval...that way you know exactly what you need to get done. Good luck! Kristy PCOS 20 months post op EDD 8/6/06 23w1d It's a girl - Alice Kay
.~ Kimberlina ~.
on 4/11/06 10:45 am - Macomb, MI
Ok a TON of people are asking what does BCBS need..well this is my PCP letter to BCBS I got approved with-in 10 mins! (YES 10 mins) Hope this Helps with people who are trying to get approved! January 9,2006 RE: Kimberley S. To whom it may concern: I have been Ms. Kimberley S.'s primary care physician since December 2003. She has suffered with obesity since the age of 4. She has tried several weight loss methods with medical supervision including 1200 calorie diet, Weigh****chers, Metabolite, Dexatrim, Medical Weight Loss, and Zenadrine for 12 CONSECUTIVE months. She has also tried exercise programs including Curves all with unsuccessful results. She is under medical care for polycystic ovarian syndrome with increasing symptoms of hair loss. She also has had chest pain with an increase of symptoms during strenuous activities, exercise or exertion. Her current weight is 273, height 62 inches and BMI 49.8 I have discussed bariatric surgical procedures and risks involved with her at length. She understands and will comply with post-surgical requirements. I recommend she undergo bariatric surgical procedure and feel it is medically necessary for her morbid obesity. If you need any further information regarding Ms. S, please contact my office Sincerely, Theo L. T. MD. Hope this helps.. KIMBERLEY 3/15/2006
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views