FACIAL HAIR----my worst enemy!

Danielle J.
on 4/22/06 2:36 am - Brooklyn, NY
ok...SO I've been diagnosed for having PCOS and I'm on my way to having the lapband procedure....but you wouldn't believe how one of my biggest insecurities is my facial hair. It is the WORST THING in the world about having PCOS. I have just started taking the VANIQA which I can't tell is working or not but what's worst than the hair is the dark area on my chin where the hair grows. Even when I remove the hair (with creme....learned not to shave a long time ago), my chin is so dark. I need help! I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed hydroquonine, which is a bleaching creme but I was wondering if anyone had any other advice, as well. Also, do you think the hair will eventually stop growing with extreme weight loss???
losnj
on 4/23/06 10:15 pm - Norfolk, VA
Amen to that! Kelly
nicole1026
on 5/3/06 1:16 am - sayreville, NJ
hey whats going on? i definatly feel your pain about the chin hair thing.. not to discourage u i used that vaniqua bull**** for 7 months it didnt work for me.. and it was alot of money.. my doctor gave me aldactone so that no more hair comes in or it will be lighter and i went for electrolosis... i was gettin like a full beard... i was tweezing it everyday or wearing alot of make up.. now it takes like 3 weeks for the hairs to come it and now there thinner and lighter..
Lindy5
on 5/15/06 6:43 am - Roebuck, SC
Mine too! I'm 10 yrs post hysterectomy. The changing hormones helped some. Never found a creme that works. Hated electrolysis. My savior was laser. Had at least 7 cycles done. Now the few that are left I can pluck, Thank God. Was expensive, but worth it. I was lucky that the laser doc told me it works best with light skin tones...but I think the technology has gotten better and can handle all skin tones now. Best of luck!
Jessica S.
on 5/24/06 10:18 pm - Greenhithe, Kent, United Kingdom
i feel your pain about the facial hair..i was only dignosised today with pcos and so im realizing that this is something i will have to deal with for the rest of my life...and that is just that.. sad day
melsreturn
on 6/9/06 12:34 pm - Madison, TN
I have struggled with hirsutism for years... I'm 36 now and started seeing hair growth in 10th grade. I had a lot of hair on my back, arms, rear, and even breasts. I am on meds and use Vaniqa also. But after quite a while of using the meds, I noticed I didn't have to shave my back and butt anymore. I use: Actos for insulin resistance Spironolactone for hirsutism Chryselle birth control to have a cycle ea month Lexapro for PMDD which is severe PMS Wellbutrin XL for depression due to PCOS Vaniqa Ask your docs. They may help you. But trust me, the hair growth has decreased by 90%. I tried electrolysis and wish I could do it, but nothing could help me endure the pain. I used a topical cream to numb my skin, and the electrolygist had it on the lightest power.....I would love to get laser but don't have the money right now. I still have some hair on my face but it is about 65% better than it used to be.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2997 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views