FINALLY! A PCOS FORUM!!

DramaQueenz
on 5/5/06 9:25 pm - Patriots Nation, MA
Well, I'm a teen with PCOS diagnosed at the age of 15. Any other teens with PCOS? I have facial hair, hair loss, acne, TERRIBLE periods, TERRIBLE P.M.S, ECT. LOL Where are my fellow PCOS'ers at? ~*Nicole Anyone else with PCOS use B.C (Birth controls ex. DEPO/pills/patch) to regulate their periods? I use Depo but dang does that shot make me feel weird when I get mad. I just fall asleep. Well, that's a good thing sometimes. lol
Shari M.
on 5/8/06 3:56 pm - Wildomar, CA
Nicole, just my two cents. It is important to keep your cycles regulated...so that someday when you are ready for children...you will have a healthy uterus. But, having fertility issues myself and being on 'trying to conceive' message boards... I have seen first hand how hard it is for people to get preggers after being on depo. It really screws you up. Lots of people on the boards couldn't get preggers after depo for a long long time, and they didn't have the PCOS like us. I am glad you are able to work on this now... I didn't get diagnosed until I was 33. But talk to your doc about maybe a low dose bc pill instead of the depo. Good luck hon! Shari
Ravenwulf
on 5/15/06 10:40 am - Killeen, TX
RNY on 10/04/05 with
HI Nicole- I am actually 30, but I have had PCOS since I was about 12 years old. I know exactly what you're going through with hair, hair loss, overnight weight gain, acne etc. Even worse, when I had it, there was no such thing as PCOS, so I was always on this medication or that, this ultra-strict diet or another..... I have tried a lot of different methods to keep my cycles "normal"- everything from the pill to the patch, to Depo and Norplant and even Lupron Depot (at your age you should avoid this because it induces menopause for a month at a time). The best thing that has worked for me so far is the Depo shots and the Patch. I list both because the shots were more effective before my surgery, and now that I've lost over 100# I find the Ortho Evra patches are working fairly well. I still get a bit of breakthrough every now and again, but nothing like the 2 week all-heavy (super!)cycles I used to have. KEPP TAKING YOUR SHOTS- until you and the dr decide something else needs to be tried. This is your best weapon against everything else that comes with PCOS. All the best to you, Raven (Rachael)
JennHaynes209
on 5/17/06 4:18 am - Riverbank, CA
Hey I just wanted to reply and let you know that I have pcos too!........Im also kinda young 21.....I actually suceeded in having a baby boy without fertility meds and whatever else.....I just took metformin and a vitamin called unicorn root.....to help me become pregnant.... then i stopped when i did...but I did rub natural progestren cream on me the first three months......anyway I havent got the gastric surgery yet but iam getting it.....I used to have those dark spots but they went away one day.....my periods are normal now that I had my baby.....and the thing I hate the most is my facial hair....I do take birth control too.....so I'll be getting my surgery in a couple of months bye ttyl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1049 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2998 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3609 views