Anyone over 300lbs get pregnant?

tamiissunshine
on 3/17/09 10:11 am - Halsey, OR
When I was pregnant starting at 325, I started getting alot of hip pain when I would sleep. I'm usually a stomach sleeper and had to switch to side sleeping when I was pregnant and it hurt so bad that I didn't sleep well. I can imagine if I lost weight that with my next pregnancy I'll be in less pain.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sephia
on 3/17/09 6:02 pm - Flint, MI
I've gotten pregnant before WLS near the 300 mark. I've had all normal pregnancies and aside from my first baby who was born via c/s for being breech, the rest were vaginally and 5 were born at home unassisted 4 of those were waterbirths.

My largest was 10lbs 9oz and she was my fastest delivery at 45mins too. No tearing nothing. Most of my babies were as follows:
#1 - 9lbs 2oz (c/s breech) @ 39wks
#2 - 7lbs 10oz (hosp VBAC) @ 37 wks
#3 - 9lbs 8oz (Unassisted Waterbirth) @ 37 wks
#4 - 9lbs (Unassisted) @ 38wks
#5 - 7lbs 15oz (Unassisted Waterbirth) @ 37wks (shadow OB care)
#6 - 10lbs 9oz (Unassisted Waterbirth) @ 37 wks
#7 - 7lb 10oz (Unassisted Waterbirth) @ 38wks (shadow OB care)

All but my first was was between 260 - 290 when starting my pregnancies and by the end of my last one I was over 300.

This is a really great and excellent site for the plus sized mommies to be
http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

Visit us at Motherhood after WLS !
Mom to 8 ~ Adelyn Grace arrived July 8, 2010!

tamiissunshine
on 3/18/09 4:44 am - Halsey, OR
Wow 7 children! That's awesome, it sounds like you did really well with them all. Thank you for sharing.
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

brokenwingsfly
on 5/10/09 12:23 am - Baltimroe, MD
Rite now I weigh 350 and just found out today (Mothers Day) that I am pregnant. I am scared to death. I had RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery 2 years ago and have lost 200 lbs. But I am Still scared to death because I wanted to lose more weight and be healthier before we started thinking about children.. So here we go... I am 6'1 so maybe I dont look so heavy but I feel it!

tamiissunshine
on 5/10/09 3:01 am - Halsey, OR
First of all congratulations on both losing 200lbs and being pregnant. I got pregnant at 325 ( I'm 5'8) after losing about 50lbs a few years ago and had a pretty healthy pregnancy. I did not get gestational diabetes like we hear about I did have high blood pressure towards the end of the pregnancy. I was only on bed rest for 3 days at 38 weeks and then they induced me cause they didn' want me to have problems with the blood pressure. My daughter is completely healthy and happy. I did however have to have a C section and had issues with that but that wasn't weight related as I was told. My daughter's head was too big to pass under the pelvic bone after me pusing for almost 3 hours! They had to push her back up through the birth canal and then took her through the stomach which caused me to get an infection in my C section insicion.
I think your body was healthy enough to get pregnant after losing the weight you've lost so I think you'll be fine. If you want to talk or anything, you're more than welcome to add me as a friend and email me privately too. Just try not to stress too much (I know it's easier said than done).

P1992
on 9/15/13 4:33 am

I'm 21 years old, I weigh well over 300 lbs and I just found out I am pregnant! I am scared to death, I dont want my child to be born with any birth defects. I'm scared of the problems Im going to face as well. Im on a mad hunt for answers, and guidance. Can i lose weight safely while im pregnant? What are my do's and Cant's??

tamiissunshine
on 9/15/13 10:05 am - Halsey, OR

I have now had 3 pregnancies. The first one was before I had the lapband and I was about 360 and then my second one was after I had the lapband and was down to 260, and my last one was around 320 to start after gaining weight back. I think as long as you are eating healthy, you'll be ok. Just talk to you doctor. I wouldn't be trying to lose weight but don't take it as an opportunity to eat anything either. I did that and regret it as I'm almost up to my highest weight again.

drkangel101
on 12/4/10 11:58 pm - lawrenceville, GA
I was 350 when I had my 3 yr old and I didnt have any problems no diabetes and I actually lost 50lbs while being prgnant i was 355 when I got pregnant and 305 when I had her  and the doc told me that when you are heavy  you have enough fat on your body  the baby will be fine and she was no problems at all   they induced me  liek a week early because my feet started swelling real bad but thats it ! I gained all  that wait back within the next year an half an  then some though I had RNY almos 5 mnths ago I have lost 75-80lbs and currently waiting for my monthly friend to arrive...lol
" Faith is the soul daring to go Beyond what the eyes can see"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1319 views