periods after baby

triciam
on 5/14/09 4:57 am - riverside, CA
This is a tad gross.. so if your squeamish.. stop now lol~
I need advise info here....

1st off I have to say that most of my adult life I did NOT have periods(PCOS) ....so when I had my RNY 4 years ago.. only then did i have a "regular" period.. but I have been pregnant 2 x since then... so not too much experience with this stuff.

so.. this was baby #4... I did have a tubal when I had my c-section.. so I am not sure if this is why or not..but I have had horrible bleeding since I delivered Aiden almost 12 weeks ago.

My bleeding after his birth was normal I guess.I  did bleed off and on or had discharge for about 6-7 weeks though(brown, yellow, blood you name it...ick!) then i had like 1 week of nothing.. then .... I got my period last month..my 1st one since delivery I guess.
It went on for 10 days.. again ,bright red to brown..just gross.. would come and go..I would think it was done.. only to come back again a few days later..

now I started my period again yesterday(cycle 2)  I am bleeding bright red, changing a super tampon every 1-2 hours.. and wearing a pad...and cramping.since this is new to me.. please let me know if this sounds normal to you? If you had a tubal...did your periods become more painful? I feel like I have to stay home today cause I am bleeding allot.plus I feel like crap...afraid its just going to gush out everywhere...
sorry....
yuck.
Tricia
shae0420
on 5/14/09 5:13 am - Loveland, CO
Tricia...I feel like you are practically telling my story!  My daughter will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I have still be spotting/bleeding off and on since I had her.  Nothing so heavy that I needed more than a lite pad, but non-the-less, discharge of sorts!  Brown sometimes red, sometimes pink.  I also had a tubal done.  Well knowing that someone else is pretty much going through the same thing, must mean that its not at all unusual! 

06-26-07_0830.jpg picture by shae042006-14-07_0832.jpg picture by shae0420

Heather M.
on 5/14/09 5:43 am - Modesto, CA
Call the doctor, just to be on the safe side.  Most OB/GYNs say if you're going through a pad an hour, that they want to be notified, to make sure there's not a complication (at least the 10 docs I work for do).  Especially if it's bright red blood, or lots of clots.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Bookworm5648
on 5/15/09 3:02 am - Manassas Park, VA
Tricia

My daughter is  6 weeks old and I also had a c-section with a tubal.  I bled off and on, quite heavily at times and even passing blood clots the size of 1/2 dollars.  

I haven't bled in about a week now, except one day I spotted for a few hours.  I haven't 'officially' gotten my period yet, and I sure hope that periods won't be more painful due to a tubal.  Yikes!

I hope you feel better soon.

*Stacy*

preview image        preview image

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views