Nutrition

ayoung77
on 5/13/09 11:02 pm
Good morning,

I just wanted to know what it is that you're doing to make sure your unborn babies are getting the right nutrition. I get concerned about that sometimes. Any information would help. Thanks!
Liz R.
on 5/13/09 11:08 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning - I had RNY but I keep getting told 2000 calories (UGH!!!) 90 grams protein 100 grams carbs. And all the vits - B12, pre-natal, calcium, folic acid

Hope this helps!!!
ayoung77
on 5/13/09 11:11 pm
 I can barely get in 1000 cals! I better get on the ball!
Shauna S.
on 5/13/09 11:39 pm - Amsterdam, NY
I average about 1,500 cals, 100g protein, and 100g carbs a day. It's tough some days and not so much the others. As for vitamins - my OB and surgeon only have me on pre-natals until after the birth - then I can go back on the multi-vitamin and B12.

Don't stress yourself out about your babies nutrition - the baby takes what s/he needs from you. In the end - YOU are the one that suffers, not the baby. So eat healthy and keep exercising and you'll have a great pregnancy!

ayoung77
on 5/13/09 11:42 pm
Thanks Shauna! I need some encouragement right now!
Ashlie
on 5/13/09 11:46 pm - Big Lake, MN
I was told to get at least 32oz of skim milk in a day. You can include that as part of your liquids of course. The added protein and calcium is great for you and the baby. I also have to take the following vitamins daily:

- B-12 (2x wk)
- C
- D
- Multi x2
- Prenatal
- Folic Acid 
- Iron
- Calcium x3

Good luck and congratulations!

-Ashlie
Lilypie - (bzQG)

Highest / DOS / Current / Goal / I've lost / Height / Size B4 wls / After wls

435      405      213      184       222        6ft          30/32         14/16

Just-Jenn
on 5/14/09 12:25 am - Midstate Region, PA
I'm not trying to be smart...but I just eat what you can tolerate.  I think about my choices and try to do things that make more sense.  I know pregnancy can be stressful, etc.  But most people who have had WLS have wonderful pregnancies.  Keep your blood levels check for all of those WLS risks, take your vits and supplements, and eat often.  Continue to try to make good choices, and to raise the amount of carbs.  I am 3 years out, so eating isn't an issue for me- but it looks like you are a recent WLS patient...so eat what you can tolerate.  I am sure your OB will monitor you and Baby.  Mine does frequent growth u/s.  My first baby was perfect. I expect that if there are any issues with this pregnancy for me- it isn't WLS related.  I am much healthier then I was 3 years ago. Good luck- keep us posted.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views