I'm sad. Stupid genes!

Donna M.
on 5/13/09 11:34 pm - Long Beach, CA
I am sad that I was right about Kaden not being able to hear. I was really hoping that all his "what?"s were just him being 3 and focused on other things.  He has tons of fluid in his ear and his hearing registered near nil on the test they did. Steriods now and tubes will probably be next. I'm hoping that fixes it for him. And, Bryson does have eczema. Both kids problems are likely tied to allergies. Why did I have to pass THAT onto my kids?! 
-Donna
Liz R.
on 5/14/09 12:05 am - Easton, PA
aww sorry to hear that you are getting hit with both of those things at once!! I hope that they are both easily corrected! better to find out now so you can begin treatment and get it corrected. I would have blamed the "what's?" on being a boy! lol my husband does it to me with almost everything I say even though he really heard me!
Just-Jenn
on 5/14/09 12:14 am - Midstate Region, PA
I'm sorry Donna- I have be having a nice chat with our ped about my daughter having allergies.  He just kind of has shirked it off everytime I make mention of it.  But the last 3 months DD have had ear problems and has rubbed her nose, has eye yucks, and a white crusty that forms at her nose and ears (allergy issues that my sister has- my whole family has allergy issues!)  Yesterday when we saw the ped and he saw how many times shes been in about her ears and that "her ears weren't normal" again yesterday, he gave in and said it could be allergies but it's not usual that they show signs of those until after 2.  When she was NB we had to have all of the vents cleaned, use a air filters, and humidifer and stimulated the ecomony by getting a new type heating and the homes first central air conditioning unit installed...so she didn't wheeze.  I know she has allergies..so now we go to ENT so he can tell us why she has ear issues...humm?!  Hopefully- the hearing issues will resolve with good medical treatment of the ears.  I know I have some minor hearing loss from all of my ear issues as a child but my ears are extra sensative to certain sounds...odd....but one thing is certain I hear better then 100% of men.  

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

Pam Hart
on 5/14/09 1:05 am - Easton, PA
Aww donna, that's hard to go through.  Hopefully the tubes will help and that will get him on the right track of everything!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Bookworm5648
on 5/14/09 3:15 am - Manassas Park, VA
I am sorry to hear about your kiddos, but at least you had Kaden checked out and now he is getting the medical attention that he needs.    Dylan has RSV over the winter and was put on an inhaler as a 'precaution' because I have asthma. That is my worst fear is that I will pass my dreaded asthma onto them.  I also get eczema bad, and Cassidy is showing signs on it on her little 6 week old face.  :o(

Even though you passed your allergies onto your kids, you also passed your love and support and your great mothering abilities.  Try not to worry, kids are pretty resiliant even when they don't feel good.

I hope Kaden gets some relief soon from his ears and I hope Bryson's eczema clears up fast.

*Stacy*

preview image        preview image

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 858 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1320 views