Need your opinion please

Kelly T.
on 5/15/09 3:25 am, edited 5/15/09 3:26 am - Yucaipa, CA
Although my husband seems to be coming around (slowly) he still hasn't told his parents about the baby.  I honestly don't know what he is "afraid" of.  (I'm thinking that he's afraid they are going to be disappointed in him since we've been having the financial struggles)  Soooo, we are seeing them this weekend to celebrate May birthdays and I'm thinking that if he doesn't tell them then I am going to pull them aside and talk to them myself.   I get along fine with them and I want it presented positively not as something to be ashamed of.

Do you think this is the right thing to do or should I push him to tell them?  Trust me when I tell you that it's pretty obvious that I am pregnant!  If I could figure out how to post a picture I would show you.

Kathy W.
on 5/15/09 3:43 am - Enfield, CT
RNY on 01/15/08 with
Personally? I would talk to the hubby and tell him you can't hide it forever and you want it told as something positive. If you don't tell that would look like you are embarassed that you are preggers. Good luck.

I shall now be know as Hagatha: Queen of the queens.

Baby 7-09

Xavier Elliott born 10-5-10

Shauna S.
on 5/15/09 4:23 am - Amsterdam, NY
I agree with Kathy. Talk to your husband and tell him that they're obviously going to know - so you might as well take this weekend as a chance to officially announce it.

I wouldn't tell them yourself only because of the difficulty you've been having with you hubby - going behind his back may cause more of a problem and resentment. I can understand him thinking they might be disappointed because of your financial problems - but the way I look at it - everything happens for a reason. I'm by far in one of the worst situations financially to have a child - but it'll all work out - we're never given more than we can chew. Even if they are "disappointed" - he's a grown adult and doesn't need their permission to expand his family. Nor is it their business how you will afford your expanding family.

I hope you can talk some sense into him though - we can tell it's been a stressful situation for you and stress is NOT good for you or your baby! Good luck!

Kelly T.
on 5/15/09 4:35 am - Yucaipa, CA
Thank you!  I guess I just want the secrecy gone and to move on.  We've known for a month now so the initial shock has to be over.  Now is when you get your butt in gear and do what you need to do.  Hubby and I seem to be doing ok.  He's been better but I want to get past this hurdle. 

The thing is this whole financial situation is just the house!  We don't have credit card debt or car payments.  We only have a payment for our 5th wheel and household bills.  If we got out of that house and got a reasonable rental then we could actually breath and live comfortably.  There are soooo many people who have alot of debt and are alot worse off than us.  We both have good jobs (County & State) we don't make a fortune but we don't make $8 an hour either. 

I believe that God has a plan for us and we just have to wait for it to unravel.  I love my husband and children and I know he loves me and we will be ok.  We just have to get past this bump in the road.  Am I convincing you or me?  :)  I feel good and happy and am already in love with this baby.

BethD
on 5/15/09 4:53 am - Winder, GA
I talk to my inlaws more than DH most of the time and I told them he was there but I told them! It is nothing to be ashamed of at all and who isn't having some sort of financial woes of some kind right now or at lease worried that something could go wrong!

I wouldn't push him to do anything since he has been so slow in coming aorund JMO!

Good Luck!
Beth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Heather M.
on 5/15/09 4:57 am - Modesto, CA
Agree, talk to the hubby and tell him that you really want him to tell his parents.  Hell, maybe pick a card out about expecting grandparents, and have him lead with that, if he's unsure of his parents reactions.

My mother-in-law lives in FL, and we're in CA... so we went with the whole card in the mail thing, since I send her silly cards all the time.  Mom started whooping when she read it, running around the house, and dad had to follow her to find out what was up... then both of them called so excited they couldn't stand themselves.  I think if my father-in-law could fly here an lightly push on the belly to get his first granddaughter out, I'd be minus a kid.

So, while hubby is slowly coming to terms, his parents may go at the speed of light, and not even care about the finances!  Good luck on your weekend.
Heather + Caitlin Marie
Caitlin's Vitals: Born 5/22/09, at 9:22 AM, 7 lbs, 20 3/4 inches long.  Looks like her daddy!
Hollywog
on 5/15/09 11:40 pm
I'd say talk to your DH and tell him you want to tell them...and find a way you can do it together...so that they can't give him a guilt trip - if they would - and you have some control on how it's presented to them...but you're both showing a united front.

Good luck...hope he doesn't regress at the thought of telling his family.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1233 views