Back from the Dominican... TMI

Jenn1973
on 3/22/11 10:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Girls,

Well, we had a great time visiting the Dominican Republic.  The weather was SO nice and it felt great to be out in the fresh air and have the sun on my skin.  I love the sun.  I had a couple of bad days and was in bed early and up late daily, but otherwise, I was poolside, drinking water and virgin margs.  I read some great books and although I loved the time in the sun, I was glad to get home on Sunday night.

Here is the latest.  I am sure someone has had experience with this...  TMI, just so you know...

I was blocked up all week in the DR.  I am on Zofran and Tylenol 3s, both of which cause constipation, so I was expecting some degree of consipation on the trip.  I was pretty brutal though.  One night I was in so much abdominal pain that I was doubled over in the bathroom.  I was able to have some "output" but it was a struggle to get out and it was very small.  Then on Sunday, 10 minutes after getting home, the exact opposite problem occurred - BIG TIME!  I was able to sleep on Sunday night and then on Monday it was back.  I haven't had a solid movement since.  Monday was the worst - every hour or after every bit of food, I would completely empty myself.  Today was much better - only three movements, but all three very loose - like water. 

Any advice??

J

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

impulseisbeauty
on 3/22/11 1:33 pm - Westminster, MD
Is it possible that you picked up a big or something on your trip? Normally (for me) if I'm backed up I don't suddenly have super loose stools right away unless I've done something to cause it(like dumping).

I don't know about you, but being preggers it would worry me that I possibly caught something in the DR. I'd check with the doc just to be safe.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Hollywog
on 3/22/11 4:32 pm
Have your dr check your stool for a parasite.  They're a ***** and easy to get in 'third world' type countries.  I had them 3x in Indonesia, DS had them 4x and DH had them 1x. 

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Cathie N.
on 3/22/11 8:54 pm - Augusta, GA
I don't know the back story but did you have problems with constipation prior to getting on pain meds? T 3's are considered Opiates which wreak havoc on the bowels! The whole central nervous system depressant thing ....
You can be severely constipated and still have loose, watery movements - It's just moving around the blockages.
If that's irrelevant, i'm sorry .. like I said I don't know your history but if it is the pain meds I can feel your pain LITERALLY!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Jenn1973
on 3/23/11 12:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Girls,

The problem seems to have resolved.  I am now hungry all the time and no more awful bowel movements.  I guess I did pick up a stomach bug of some sort.  I think my system was likely overtired from the long trip home (we were delaye din ***** Cana and then had to drive from Montreal to Ottawa - a 14 hour day of travelling AWAY from the sunshine and heat  is not good for me). 

Now I am going to monitor and keep hydrated and fed.  Hopefully it was a glitch.  I am sure I will be back to fully consitipated by week's end thanks to both the preganancy and the drugs.  If it isn't one thing, it is certainly the other!

Thanks again
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

MusicMaryn
on 3/23/11 2:55 am - San Jose, CA
Well... glad you enjoyed your vaca in the DR and that you're now feeling better.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1259 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views