numerous hospital trips...

candessg
on 3/31/11 12:56 pm - plymouth, MN
I am just so exhausted. I have been at Labor and Delivery everyday for the past 3 days. 1st day was decreased baby movement and a sick mama. They started steroid injections to get her lungs growing and said to plan on her being her in the next 5 weeks.. ( I am 31 weeks)
Next day I had to go back for second round of injections. They also monitored baby and my leg because I was having leg pain and we have a history of blood clotting in our family.
Today I had to go by ambulance because of chest pain and my face was hot and turned bright red.
They did and EKG and now out of no where I have a heart arrhythmia. I have had EKG's before and nothing has ever come up. Next my blood work came back with an elevation for a blood clot. It's only .2 and they said that is pretty normal in pregnancy so they sent me home. They have no idea why my face was flushed. No fever, no high blood pressure, and though baby wasn't as active as usually her heartbeat was great on the monitor and she started moving more after drinking some OJ.
I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I just want her to make it to 35 weeks, yet I am terrified of anything else going wrong!
I need sleep!
Tomorrow I have her biophysical profile to see how the blood from from the placenta to her is doing and if she is in any distress... I just hope I sleep tonight!
Out of curiosity have any of you had these steroid injections and had strange reactions? Also did any of you get an arrythmia during pregnancy?

Thanks for reading :)

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 1:41 pm - HI
I don't have any answers for you, but wanted to say I am sorry you are having to go through this.  I will keep you in my prayers. 
candessg
on 3/31/11 1:43 pm - plymouth, MN
 Thank you so much for caring and for the prayers. It's so nice to have support :)
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/11 1:53 pm - HI
This forum is great!   I dunno what I would have done without it since my pregnancy.
candessg
on 3/31/11 1:55 pm - plymouth, MN
 I totally agree!
nightof
on 3/31/11 2:12 pm
i had the steroid shots at 33 weeks...but they also used magnesium sulfate which made my oxygen drop and i couldn't breathe or move or think or see..was horrible.  I made it to 35 weeks though:)
candessg
on 3/31/11 2:14 pm - plymouth, MN
 Oh wow! SO SCARY! I am glad you got to 35 weeks! That's my goal!
Modest Vixen
on 3/31/11 2:50 pm - Surprise, AZ
I hope you (and I) get to that 35 week mark, but as a word of possible peace of mind for you my little girl was born at 32 weeks. Taken by emergency C section and she was 5lbs 2 oz, and had a 9,9 apgar. She didn't need a vent at all, and only spent two weeks in NICU (mostly due to feeding issues). Her neonatalogist (same one i had with my son, I owe him my life) said that girls usually do better, and at 31+ tend to have similar results to my daughter. So while yes we want her to keep baking, please don't stress yourself so much that you make your own symptoms worse, if that makes sense. Continuing to pray for you!!

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

Sansobel
on 3/31/11 8:02 pm - Coatesville, PA
I also have no advice just support.  What a chaotic few days.  Prayers being sent to you and your little one.
Sandra           
Kerri B.
on 3/31/11 9:45 pm
Just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and prayers. You poor thing having to go through all of these complications has to be rough! I'm sure it's not easy on your stress level. :( Praying that little girl remains baking for you for as long as possible and the end result will be a happy, healthy baby girl. Also praying that these issues that are ailing you dissapear once you're baby is born and you're feeling so much better yourself...Hugs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1253 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1328 views