soo..

chica904
on 4/13/11 11:25 am - Neptune Township, NJ
 Yesterday I posted about thinking breastfeeding wasn't for me and today I have MASTITIS.  I mean seriously. I had a fever of 103.8 and felt like I had the flu all day...all to be told the only way to get rid of the infection is to breastfeed.  Im so over this right now.  Definitely a bad first experience and will definitely be my last.  Not sure how long I can handle this but I can tell you this...its not much longer.

Starting Sleeve Weight (2/25/13) - 233

Current Weight (7/1/13) - 197

Goal Weight - 175

pirate_mommy
on 4/13/11 1:59 pm

Poor mama, ... Listen, jump in a warm shower and let the water run over your poor breasts. Massage them until they loosen up a little, and you can express some on your own. Then you should be able to pump or BF with a lot more ease. Trying to feed while you have an infection is NOT a good idea. Hang in there ...

PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/13/11 6:41 pm
They told you to keep BFing with the infection? From my experience with my patients mom's who have mastitis they don't let them BF.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Brooklynnsmom
on 4/13/11 10:26 pm - Bellevue, NE
Did your OB prescribe you a antibiotic?  I ended up with Mastitis after my daughter in 2007 and my OB gave me a 7 day script for an antibiotic since it is an infection. 

Also, something else that will help DRAMATICALLY, although I know it sounds crazy is to go get a BIG head of cabbage and put the huge cabbage leaves directly on your breasts.  Keep changing them out as they "wilt".  This is a herbal remedy, but it works!  It is know for drying women up.  It works! 

Hope you get some relief soon!

Debbie
TraceyC
on 4/13/11 11:38 pm - DFW, TX
Most hospitals have breast pump rentals if you are in need of one for a week or so. I am so sorry you are going through this! Ouch! Hope you get better very soon!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1289 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 884 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1359 views