Why is it okay to say....

kanesmom
on 4/18/11 5:11 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
You don't go around telling people they're fat and look terrible (I hope)!!!

Yet when when we out to eat Friday night, my mom says to me "You need to quit losing weight you look terrible. You look anorexic!"

Really put a bummer on my mood...Here I was thinking I looked good. Had gotten dressed up and made an effort for a change. I'm down to 120. I'm 5'4". This is not anorexic. I think the problem is my shoulders look boney and I have NO boobs. My excess weight/skin is in my belly and hip and thigh area. I wish I could redistribute it!!

But why is it okay to tell someone they look too thin?!? It can be just as hurtful....
Just my rant for Monday...
Kina

RNY 08/16/05
Weight day of surgery 222
Lost 100 pounds in about 10 months

Pre-pregnancy weight 126
Delivery day weight 166
Currently 118
Baby Gage born 11/02/10
MusicMaryn
on 4/18/11 7:00 am - San Jose, CA
some people can just be unsensitive and talk before thinking.  I totally hear ya... sometimes I wish I could just hand out filters to those who forgot to wear theirs that day! LOL
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Blues
on 4/18/11 8:02 am - Roy, UT
Please send me a case of them.  My filter broke a long time ago.
I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst...then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.     ---Marilyn Monroe
chelle614
on 4/18/11 7:17 am - Chester, NY
My mom is like that. If she has nothing negative to say, then she says nothing :(
But honestly, I wish I had your problem instead of my ever-expanding cottage cheese butt.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

kanesmom
on 4/18/11 8:20 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Funny...
It's for a good cause though!!! :)

RNY 08/16/05
Weight day of surgery 222
Lost 100 pounds in about 10 months

Pre-pregnancy weight 126
Delivery day weight 166
Currently 118
Baby Gage born 11/02/10
hockeybabe2u
on 4/18/11 8:55 am - Allegan, MI
Those are the people that are jealous of your weight loss and probably because you look better than them!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Ralph Z.
on 4/18/11 3:10 pm
I totally agree with you - rant away Kina- people are truly uncensored at times. Today I was over a friend's for dinner and her boyfriend arrived and the first thing out of his moith was "hi fatso">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am still reeling.

Granted, he doesn't know about my previous size and my struggle. However, since when is it OK to say that toa woman  (or man) period. Pregnancy or no pregnancy - obese or not.

likewise, in your case, why comment on your size.............it IS just as hurtful, I have always had slimmer friends and have always been careful about size - not once would I ever use a demeaning term to a thinner person either. Good to get your rant out and start a discussion !!!

Becky

Cathie N.
on 4/18/11 8:56 pm - Augusta, GA
My lowest weight range was between 138 and 145 lbs. and I felt great at that weight. I'm now about 10 pounds heavier - to me it might as well be 100! - and everyone thinks they have the right to tell me I was too skinny and how I look healthier now. Wow! People never cease to amaze me at their stupidity.

P.S. I have the same skin issues as you: boney shoulders/shoulder blades, no boobs, excess skin on my belly ...

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

trouble256
on 4/19/11 7:47 am - Athens, AL
OMG!  I could have written this myself!  My mother CONSTANTLY tells me I look anorexic! If I even consider getting under 200 lbs she says im "obsessing" about my weight. (My lowest weight after surgery was 180ish) and the entire time she told me how unhealthy i looked.  Im 5'8''. the ideal weight for my height is 140ish-165 i think?  IDK havent looked it up in a while.

ugh....im sorry you were bummed....hopefully one day people will have better manners?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views