lil update

chica904
on 4/18/11 6:48 am, edited 4/18/11 6:48 am - Neptune Township, NJ
 Went for my follow up after delivering 2 weeks ago.  All looks well and I have decided to switch to formula.  Although I know the benefits of breastfeeding, its just not for me.  After getting Mastitis last week I am just over it and would rather not do it anymore.  So I was wondering if there was any tips you ladies could give me to help dry my supply up.  I have supplemented formula since the day my daughter was born so im not concerned she won't take to it.  Any suggestions and advice or tips are greatly appreciated.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day 

Photobucket

Starting Sleeve Weight (2/25/13) - 233

Current Weight (7/1/13) - 197

Goal Weight - 175

Lianne C.
on 4/18/11 6:57 am - Garden City, MI
I heard cold cabbage leaves helps and also binding your breast with a towel and ace bandage helps too (to cut back engorgement). In this case "If you don't use it, you lose it" is very true!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
mzicuis
on 4/18/11 11:38 am
I am gald you posted this..funny we went today for my little ones 2 week appointment and she was changed to the simalac soy formula, and I am pretty much done with the breast feeding thing too. Although..she gained 2 lbs in a week but I also have been supplementing with formula since birth and she has no nipple confusion. I am so sore and they are hard as a rock adn leak like cray, and she nurses for what seems like forever, yet nothing comes out whe I pump and being that I am retuening to work in 6 weeks, I will have to stop the breastfeeding.
PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/18/11 1:32 pm
Don't take warm showers.. it expresses the milk from what I learned. A good sports bra is recommended as well.

Sorry you had such a hard time. I want to try BFing but I am already thinking in my head which formulas I'd want if I had to switch.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views