Update on Eden and I

candessg
on 4/29/11 8:18 am - plymouth, MN
Well she's still cooking, that's a plus..but things are getting scary.

First, the fact that Eden has gotten to this point and even survived all she has is a miracle.  Next, this week I have been a little worried...maybe it's maternal instinct but I felt like something hasn't been right. Eden is a mover, always has been and her movements have been decreasing...no matter what I try. She still has been moving, but much much much less. 
I have been very concerned about it. 
On Tuesday I noticed that her heartrate was a little lower than usual for her...in the 120's. Since it's still in the normal range they were fine with that. The tech on Tuesday did have to try a little harder to get her moving though. 
Today when they did the ultrasound they she wasn't moving at all. TOTALLY NOT NORMAL for her.. the tech said that she may be sleeping. The tech looked at my blood flow from the cord and also the fluid. Fluid is great. Blood flow resistance is at the high end of normal so while that is ok for now it's still showing that it's working harder then it should be. She also checked for her "practice breathing" which she wasn't doing...another abnormal thing for her. She kept trying to get her moving and she wouldn't. So she left the room and got this buzzer thing. Basically she put it right next to Eden's head and it went off and completely startled my poor baby! That's actually a good thing. The tech said that was a good reaction and would have been concerned if she hadn't reacted that way. This also got her practice breathing going thankfully..
Next they hooked me up to the baby heart monitor for a non stress test.. The first one she did not pass, the 2nd time she did it they did. I am very nervous about that and wish they would have done it a 3rd time as sort of a tie breaker! I was told if I can't get her moving I need to go to L&D asap. I am already losing sleep on this and so concerned. I knew something wasn't right. 
I am kind of hoping they will just deliver her next week... but again, maybe she can make it to the next week. Looks like no matter what they will deliver her at 37 weeks. I am 35 and 2 days right now.

Thanks for the prayers and support :)

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 4/29/11 8:55 am - Green Valley, AZ
I'm saying a prayer for you.  Keep us posted.   Mag  

candessg
on 4/29/11 10:57 am - plymouth, MN
 Thank you so much! I will!
windowsdown
on 4/29/11 12:01 pm
RNY on 11/02/10 with
I'm sure everything will be fine but I will send up extra prayers for you and baby Eden.
candessg
on 4/29/11 12:17 pm - plymouth, MN
 Thank you!
hockeybabe2u
on 4/29/11 12:04 pm - Allegan, MI
Your sooo close to the end!  I pray all will be well and she can make it another 2 weeks!  How exciting it's so close!  Have they given you something to help her lungs just in case she does come earlier?

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

candessg
on 4/29/11 12:18 pm - plymouth, MN
 Thanks so much! Yes, I have had the steroid injections for her lungs about 4 weeks ago... HOPEFULLY that will do the trick if she comes sooner than 37 weeks!
PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/29/11 12:48 pm
Keeping my fingers crossed that she makes it safely to 37 wks. I had a scare one day with Liam too. He was very still and he is a very active baby. I call it the Liam Alien show cause he makes my belly jump and move like the movie aliens. Thankfully juice woke him up. I couldn't imagine going through all the tests and having some turn out negatively. I would be so worried. Try and rest.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

candessg
on 4/30/11 1:11 am - plymouth, MN
 Thank you so much! SO glad Liam is doing well! 
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/11 1:47 pm - HI
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1253 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 865 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1328 views