Please say a prayer....im sorry if this angers anyone but...

chica904
on 5/1/11 10:35 pm - Neptune Township, NJ
 Just needed to get it out my system before I can't hold it together anymore.  This is the only place I could think of where someone might just understand and provide support for me. I have a 27 year old sister who was pregnant with her 3rd little boy.  We are so close and even were pregnant at the same time, me with my first, which I delivered on April 4th.  

On Saturday afternoon, my sisters baby died. My sister was 31 weeks along and havin contractions every 4-5 mins so she came to the hospital. They monitored her and the doctor decided to stop her contractions because she was not dilated, the baby didn't seem to be ready (?) and there was no distress on the baby so she felt there was no need to deliver yet. Heartbeat was perfectly fine. They decided to let her go home after 4hrs of monitoring. They unhooked the monitor and She went to use the bathroom and came back to bed and when they hooked it back up there was no hearttbeat. Just like that.  When they did the csection, which I sat in with my sister for, the cord was wrapped around his neck and hand and the doctor said it looked like she may have thrown a blood clot. They are definitely doing a culture on the placenta because the doctor is truly at a loss as to why this happened to rapidly, literally within minutes, when there was absolutely no sign of distress.  My sister also consented to an autopsy, even tho it appears that the baby was perfectly healthy. Also while in surgery her platelets dropped and she wasn't clotting so she needed a blood transfusion. She has already received 4 units as of the time i am posting this.  They are unsure why this is not getting better and its so nerve racking to me.  Doesn't anyone know anything these days??!!

I am just beside myself.  Having a 4 week old myself it has been so rough because I can't imagine my life without my little miracle baby.  I have been my her side for the past few days and  I am trying so hard to keep it together for her and her other 2 little boys who are gonna be 8 and 4.  I helped her to tell them about the loss yesterday, which was so emotional.  Sitting through the csection was draining as well.  I can't even begin to imagine her pain right now and I don't know what to say to her.  

Please say a prayer for her and her angel baby AYDEN SANTIAGO

Starting Sleeve Weight (2/25/13) - 233

Current Weight (7/1/13) - 197

Goal Weight - 175

IamMrsMcDole
on 5/1/11 10:42 pm - Anderson, IN
I am soooo sorry for your sisters loss. We had a family friend loss there baby boy at 37 weeks. I will say prayers for your family especially your sister. My heart breaks for her. Prayers and hugs.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

chica904
on 5/1/11 10:45 pm - Neptune Township, NJ
 Thank you so much...ironically..her name is Jessica too...

Starting Sleeve Weight (2/25/13) - 233

Current Weight (7/1/13) - 197

Goal Weight - 175

Keya L.
on 5/1/11 11:37 pm - St. Paul, MN
I'm assuming they've checked for this, but HELLP syndrom causes low platelet levels and trouble clotting because of the low platelets. It can be fatal in severe cases...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss...
windowsdown
on 5/2/11 3:38 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
This is so tragic and makes me sad.  I'm sorry for the loss of your nephew.  Sending prayers up for sister and the entire family during this heart breaking time.
Hollywog
on 5/2/11 5:26 am
I'm so sorry your sister - and your entire family - are going through this. 

Prayers for strength and healing for all of you as you mourn the loss of Ayden.  I hope the drs are able to provide some sort of answers - not that it'll make things easier, but at least knowing 'why' something happens might help with the acceptance of it all...not to mention if it's something that needs to be watched for when/if she decides to try again.. 

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

mandajolyn
on 5/2/11 7:25 am - Tallahassee, FL
I'm so sorry to hear this! My sister had something similar happen. She was 26 weeks along, she was being monitered with twins, everything was perfectly fine then all of a sudden, no warning there was no HB for either baby. Turns out she had a rare blood clotting disorder.
My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and your whole family right now! 
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

reianondillard
on 5/3/11 11:01 pm
Prayers for you , your sister , and the rest of the family, I am so sorry for the loss of Ayden.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views