15 weeks pregnant with spotting

hockeybabe2u
on 5/2/11 12:53 am - Allegan, MI
I will be 15 weeks pregnant tomorrow and woke up today with spotting.  It's not soiling my underware.....only get some brown blood when I wipe....but I'm concerned as I never had this before with my other 3 pregnancies and haven't done anything (sex, etc.) that might cause the spotting.  Do you think I should call my doc about this?  I would be way more concerned if it was bright red bleeding......Not sure what to do......

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

RachelRN
on 5/2/11 1:13 am - Noblesville, IN
If you are worried, I would call the doctor. I had spotting several times in my pregnancy and one time it was a gush of bright red blood. Luckily I ended up with a healthy boy, but it was reassuring to me for the doctor to check it out. Take care!
Cathie N.
on 5/2/11 1:28 am - Augusta, GA
I would call the Doc! and update when you can ..

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

TraceyC
on 5/2/11 1:34 am - DFW, TX
Call your dr. He will probably do an ultrasound to check everything out. If nothing else it will make you feel better. I had bleeding throughout my pregnancy too and I gave birth to a healthy 9lb 9oz baby boy. Sometimes the covering that protects the baby and your uterus get crossways with each other and causes bleeding. Its usually no big deal and will go away on its own. The fact that it is brown blood is a good sign. I know watching him squirm around on the u/s monitor was a huge relief!  

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

hockeybabe2u
on 5/2/11 1:38 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks girls!  I called my doctors office and waiting for them to return my call!  Will update once I hear back!

Jenn1973
on 5/2/11 3:15 am - Ottawa, Canada
Call your doctor  - it could be a lot of things.  I've read that some women spot throughout their pregnancy with no problems at all. Let your doctor know and she will put your mind at ease.

Thinking of you!
Let us know!

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

hockeybabe2u
on 5/2/11 3:49 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks for your concerns ladies!  My doctor's office called me back and wants me to go in for an ulrasound tomorrow morning!  In my heart of hearts, I feel the baby is fine....but I'm happy they scheduled an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure! 

chickie_mama
on 5/2/11 7:05 am
RNY on 08/18/09 with
best thing you did was go to the doc.  some women are RH- blood and with spotting may require a shot of rogam to prevent a miscarriage.  rogam is not available at ever pharmacy because 1- it comes in a pre measured vile in large lots. not many women are RH- so the vials sit and expire. 2- the shot is about $150. and  quite a few ins co.  wont cover it.  what i do when it that time during my pregnancy to get my shot, ( women who are RH- still have to get the shot later on during the pregnancy even if they  are not spotting and after they give birth) i go to the emergency room, tell them that I'm spotting and stopped. they do a blood test find i am RH- and give me a shot of roam. and the ins. covers it. this is probably NOT your case, but felt that info should be put out to give people a heads up. you can search RH- and pregnancy. its a bit complicated for me to try to type as i am not a hematologist. i only know what i know from my own personal experience.

best of luck
Dee~cee

hockeybabe2u
on 5/3/11 3:40 am - Allegan, MI
Had an ultrasound today and baby looks great!  I only seen the ultrasound tech, so not sure what caused the spotting.....just know that baby looks great and is on track with growth!  Thanks for your concerns!

angela07
on 5/4/11 6:27 am
When i was 3 months pregnant with my son I was spotting bright red blood when I would wipe. Well i went to the ER and they had me there doing a couple of test. They called my gyno and told me to go in the next morning. Sure enough I went and my dr said that it was normal. That it was something dealing with my period....? He told me that i had nothing to worry about and now I have a perfectly healthy 11 month old boy :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1277 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views