OT: Rant about boys (positively TMI)

Cathie N.
on 5/4/11 2:03 am - Augusta, GA
Are we long lost sisters?! I've actually gone behind my husband and unloaded then re-loaded the dishwasher for "optimal dishwashing MY WAY!"

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

thetexgal
on 5/4/11 10:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am so with you on the dishwasher! I rewash dishes if my husband loaded the dishwasher. Ugh, just let me do it!
Keya L.
on 5/4/11 2:40 am - St. Paul, MN
In our house of 4 boys, they are now required to sit down to pee. I got tired of having to wipe off the toilet seat every time I needed the bathroom, so we made this a rule. It's stuck so far the last several years. If there's ever any pee on the seat, the last person that was in there has to clean the whole bathroom
MusicMaryn
on 5/4/11 2:48 am - San Jose, CA
LOVE this convo!  You girls crack me up.  I'm SOOOOOOOOO glad I married a woman who's cleaner than me!  Yeah, boys can be pretty gross.  This is one reason why I'm hoping to get onto team pink! LOL.  Of course Jill wants team blue.

Hey Cathie... I just added you on fb :-)
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Cathie N.
on 5/4/11 4:22 am, edited 5/4/11 4:22 am - Augusta, GA
My life is its own comedy show and I love every minute of it.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Jenn1973
on 5/4/11 7:09 am - Ottawa, Canada
Amen!!

So many of my girlfriends and I often lament our hetero relationships because the XYs of our species can be so very, very gross!  We envy our same-sex relationships sisters on so many occasions! 

J

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

hockeybabe2u
on 5/4/11 5:52 am - Allegan, MI
Love this post!  It's funny how we as wifes and mothers complain about doing housework and then when someone try's to help us out say loading the dishwasher, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom, etc., they can never do the job to our standards and we go back and "fix" their work!  I'm a HUGE one with the dishwasher!  Just please leave it for me to load otherwise it just makes more work for me in the end!  Unloading on the other hand, I don't mind!  I've also come to accept the way my kids vacuum the house, as I don't have the energy to do it and I look at it this way.....It's better to have it somewhat vacuumed then not vacuumed at all!......LOL.

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Hollywog
on 5/4/11 5:53 am
LOL at pee and butt crumbs!  I'm fortunate that DH is a neat freak and would never leave a trace in the bathroom.  DS isn't that bad for a 16 year old, though he does need a nudge now and again to at least clean the toilet.  His worst thing in the bathroom is getting him to scrub the shower grouting now and again.

I always laugh when men and women have the toilet seat up or down debate.  We solved that years ago b/c of my cats.  They like to drink from the sink...and they get to the sink by jumping on the toilet...thus the lid has to be down.  The lid down means everyone theoretically (unless they're just whizzing all over the place!) have to lift something up to use the toilet. 

I think getting the 'Y' chromosomes in there to clean the mess will bring it home to them the proper toilet etiquette.  They've just gotten spoiled b/c you're always literally running behind them cleaning up their $#"%@. 

If you got onto DH about it and had him lining the boys up for peeing lessons, would he do it?  and would it help?

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

chelle614
on 5/4/11 6:24 am - Chester, NY
This whole thread is why I wanted a boy. I see myslelf for the next 18 years begging LO to bathe, use deodorant, and scrubbing dirty knees on baseball uniforms. Not to mention mud puddles, bugs and worms.
LOL, butt crumbles.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Jenn1973
on 5/4/11 7:02 am - Ottawa, Canada
I have one boy on the way and one husband who is a bathroom slob!  He doesn't understand why, when I need to throw up, I insist on running to the master bath - it is because it is the only one he doesn't use!  I know it is clean!  The other two toilets in the house are his domain and they are gross.  There are always newspapers, boxers, and empty toilet paper rolls hanging around and I have to remind him to clean the toilet every week. 

The toilet issue is one of the things I am least interested in dealing with as Junior grows.  I don't, however, want him to have his father's habits, so the kid will likely have loads of OCD issues as he hits adulthood because his mommy was a freak! 

For the love!!

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1256 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1333 views