OT: Rant about boys (positively TMI)

Cathie N.
on 5/3/11 10:57 pm - Augusta, GA
Listen, I love my two guys more than anything and *SO* appreciate that I can be a SAHM, but I gotta rant to someone about their lack of bathroom hygeine ..

And with Mother's Day fast approaching i'm just feeling a little under appreciated around here!

Do they think the pee and butt crumbs magically disappear? I throw up in my mouth a little at the thought of what their bathroom (yep, they have their own) might look like without the every other day wipe down.

"Hello! Why is it so hard to pee IN the toilet? Not on, not around it, but IN it?!"  

Now, with Clorox wipes and my Swiffer, into the giant man/child litter box I go.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

TraceyC
on 5/3/11 11:03 pm - DFW, TX
Oh no- we'd be doing bathroom training duty. Drills and drills of it if need be! lol

I do feel your pain though. I have 5 kids and only one of them is a neat freak.

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

IamMrsMcDole
on 5/3/11 11:13 pm - Anderson, IN
I have one boy, my hubby I love him but he is the same way. He has to shave every morning and does he clean out the sink NO!! On weekends I ask him to help me really clean floors or tub and he says why do you wait to do it til I'm home. Uuhhh I am 21 weeks pregnant and have No energy after laundry, cleaning house, and cooking dinner, oh and watching our 16 month old. Bella and I are really sick this week and I am sooo emotional I cry at the drop of a hat. Thanks Cathie I needed this I hope our "boys" grow up soon!!!
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Cathie N.
on 5/3/11 11:19 pm - Augusta, GA
Awww, Jess, I'm sorry you and Bella aren't feeling well.  
I would clean for you if I could.

p.s. i'm back on Facebook (i'm weak and my obsessive need to people watch took over!) .. "Cathie Castle Neal"

"CoCo" 

IamMrsMcDole
on 5/3/11 11:27 pm - Anderson, IN
I just went fb looking for u this week. Added u again my friend thanks I would have it spotless before u got here. I hate when people come over an one thing is out of place. I want people to at least think I have it all together. Haha
Jess

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 12:08 am
The day I started making my son scrub toilets, he miraculously learned how to pee in the toilet. Grant it, he's almost 13 years old, but he's been scrubbing his toilet for 2 years now.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Cathie N.
on 5/4/11 12:27 am - Augusta, GA
Great idea! I had already decided that over Summer break I was going to get my Son very involved in daily household chores. He'll be 7 in June - it's time!

"CoCo" 

USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 12:31 am
I was a single mom before marrying my husband 3 years ago so C was always good about cleaning. I just had a thing about chemicals and kids just not mixing. So, I switched over to "green" products, and felt more confident in teaching him to clean certain things properly. He still has his issues with the toilet, and missing on occasion, but at least his bathroom doesn't smell like a urinal or port-a-john! It doesn't help that 'my way, is the the only way" so I had to let go in some regards, and stop being so obsessive. That's my #1 issue with chores/cleaning things, I'd rather do it "right (my way)" than let or ask someone else to do it, and it be wrong.

Cathie N.
on 5/4/11 1:43 am - Augusta, GA
I couldn't have said it better myself  "but at least his bathroom doesn't smell like a urinal or port-a-john!"

My control-freak issues prevent me from letting my DH "help" with laundry. Not to mention he has no concept of seperating by COLOR.

"CoCo" 

USAF Wife
on 5/4/11 1:47 am
I'm right there with you. No one else is allowed to touch my washing machine or even load the dishwasher. I really don't mind doing it all myself.

My thought process on me doing it all is; if I do it, at least I don't have to go back and finish their "half-assed" job.

There are methods to my madness, and I don't expect anyone else to understand it. But, there is proof in my results. When I tried to let go, and have the guys load the dishwasher, I lost 2 plastic lids to my tupperware(put in the bottom rack), and somehow a few plastic spoons made their way into the utensil basket and melted all over the element in the bottom of the dishwasher. Talk about meltdown + pregnancy hormones = me wanting to smother someone !

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1240 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 862 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1323 views