weight loss after baby

dmshaw1979
on 5/15/11 11:10 am
For those of you who have already had your babies, how much weight did you gain and how hard was it to lose the weight afterwards??
I am terrified that I am going to struggle to lose weight after my baby is born :(
Lianne C.
on 5/15/11 11:36 am - Garden City, MI
I am one of the rare ones who gained 65lbs. I am struggling to lose the last 30 too. I am breast feeding and I hope now that my baby is eating less often the weight will drop. I am also one of the rare that do not lose weight when I breast feed.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
dmshaw1979
on 5/15/11 11:59 am
Congrats on your baby! I have gained 24 lbs and still have 12 wks to go....was it hard to lose the weight you have lost so far? I just cant imagine taking care of a baby(this is my first one, so I am sure I will be totally overwhelmed) working full time and working out.  I just dont want to end up where I was before surgery!
Good luck to you on the rest of your weightloss!
Lianne C.
on 5/15/11 12:26 pm - Garden City, MI
Most of the weight so far was baby and amniotic fluid. The last 10 pounds is jus****ching what I have been eating and not too much exercise, just a little. This is number 3 so I do not have much time to exercise at all!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
mzicuis
on 5/15/11 7:58 pm
I gained only 23 the whole pregnancy and most of it was right at the end..I had my 6 week follow-up visit (had the baby march 31st) and I am only 2 lbs away from my prepreg. weight...I did however do a combat fitnes class through my wole pregnancy up until the last 3 weeks....and I do not eat very much..a side effect of the RNY...I have been trying to breastfeed but also supplementing with bottle as I do not produce much as I do not eat much..! I have been cleared to return to my class tonite!!
Kerri B.
on 5/15/11 9:56 pm
Hey there! I am a 4yr post op RNYer. I had my baby 11 weeks ago (February 27th) via c-section. I gained a total of 37lbs. My starting weight was 185 and the morning before I delivered I weighed 222. I'm now bouncing from 195-198, so I've lost mostly all my weight except that last 10lbs or so. We just moved also, so I have been slacking in the eating and exercising department. I'm hoping that my little guy will start sleeping a few more hours longer at night and I can get on a schedule- I plan on kicking it in to high gear on the South Beach diet and walking these hills all around me :)

Don't stress over the weight...it will come off...I'm stressing over the last lbs myself, but I've realized it will come off and I'm still about 100lbs from my starting weight before surgery...so thinking about that is always a plus :) Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy and the weight loss after!
Tylers_mom
on 5/16/11 12:37 am - Bel Air, MD
I gained a total of 27lbs during pregnancy and was down 25lbs by week 3 post pregnancy. I breastfeed and believe that had a lot to do with my weight reduction being so fast. Now it's slowing down and I need to lose my last 15lbs to be at my ideal weight and struggling to get back on track. I started some bad eating habits durng pregnancy that I'm trying to kick now. My advice, up your calories during pregnancy, but don't start no habits you can't finish after pregnancy.

~~Gina

hockeybabe2u
on 5/16/11 1:53 am - Allegan, MI

With my last pregnancy I gained around 30-35lbs and was 5-8lbs away from my prepregnancy weight at my 6 week check-up.  Over the next 1.5 years I gained anouther 12-15lbs until I decided to be serious and started getting rid of the junk I was eating, drinking LOTS more water and putting protein 1st....then I started to really work out and lost the 20lbs total I had gained!  It is very possible to loose the baby weight....but it might take a lot of determination!  Who knows, you might be one of the lucky ones and loose it all by your 6 week checkup and continue to loose from there!  Don't stress to much about it!  Your tool is still there and will continue to work after the baby is born!  You will find that you can eat way more during pregnancy then before and after pregnancy!  Best of luck to you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1273 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 875 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1345 views