Previous C-section/RNY moms

trouble256
on 5/17/11 1:36 pm - Athens, AL
Ok, long story short, I had a section with my daughter in July 2010. I had my rny in feb 2009. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and where my c-section scar is, feels like its on FIRE. I asked my OB about this and he says its just the scar tissue stretching. Not that I doubt him, but his only experience with RNY patients is me. So...could this be something to do with my guts. (so to speak) cause this pain is so bad sometimes I feel like I cant stand up. walking hurts, even standing stationary to fold laundry is a difficult task. 

I had some burning in my belly where my scars are from my RNY when I was pregnant with Claudia, but the pain was no where NEAR this.

Is this just something NORMAL I need to deal with, (there isnt enough tylonel in the world at this point) or should I consult another dr for a second opinion?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Ralph Z.
on 5/17/11 1:52 pm
Hi there,
I had a c section 6 years ago, pre - RNY.
With this pregnancy, I have had nothing like the pains you are describing - but this could be because your pregnancies are much closer than mine.
If you don't get ny more responses on here, I would consult another DR - even just getting hold of your Bariatric team and see if they've heard of this.

Becky

Lexa321
on 5/17/11 11:08 pm - weston, FL
i think hes right... my tummy tuck scar felt the same way... and because the muscles are so tight it feels the same way inside.
TraceyC
on 5/17/11 11:28 pm - DFW, TX
It may be adhesions as well. Previous surgeries can cause adhesions and with the stretching of your abdomen it may be pulling on that scar tissue. The more abdominal surgeries the greater the chance of having them too. The only way to tell is with a CT, and even that isn't always conclusive.

This is a little TMI, but keep track of being able to go to the bathroom. We as WLS patients have a higher incidence of bowel obstructions. I had one but I didn't require surgery until after I delivered. My pain was much higher though. It felt like gallbladder pain. In the interim my OB prescribed Darvocet for pain management, but told me to only take it in emergencies. Out of a bottle of 36 I have like 34 left...lol It's not 100% safe like Tylenol but it sure beat being doubled over in pain those few times. It also afforded me some pain free sleep once. I'm not saying that this is what's going on- your pain location really does sound more like scar tissue issues, but just be proactive if you begin to notice that you're having bowel problems. 

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

trouble256
on 5/18/11 10:14 am - Athens, AL
Ladies, as always Thanks so much for all your words of wisdom and advice, i will be calling my WLS team tomorrow, and also getting a second opinion from my Family dr. Just to see what they say. I am hoping I am just having some pulling and tugging as my belly is growing...

I am a whimp. lol
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1235 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 860 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1321 views