Trip to the ER last night

hockeybabe2u
on 5/20/11 1:20 am - Allegan, MI
Hi Girls,  Yesterday I was reminded how badly I love and want this new baby!  I wasn't excited at the beginning of my pregnancy with feelings of being scared and how to raise 4 children.  But as of lately and especially yesterday I've realilized how much a part of my family this baby already is!  My day had gone great and felt fine all day.  I had dinner and shopping plans in the evening with a friend, but when I arrived at her house and got out of my van I felt a warm gush of blood/water between my legs.  I went to her bathroom immediately and saw that it was bright red blood.  This scared the crap out of me as I NEVER had something like this with my other 3 pregnancies.  My friend gave me a pad, a pair of undies and pants to put on as mine were soaked in blood.  I called my doctor who told me to take it easy for the night and call them in the morning for an ultrasound.  Well of course I couldn't wait until the morning to find out if my little one was alright so the doctor told me it was fine to go to the ER.  My hubby came to my friends house with all 3 kids and we dropped them off at my mom's on our way to the ER 40 minutes away (could have gone to a hospital closer but wanted to be at the one that my docs have priviledges to and I know is a great hospital....plus there is a children's hospital very near by).  By the time we got to the ER the bleeding had got much better.  The doctor came in and did a quick ultrasound with a portable ultrasound machine and seen that the baby's heartbeat was strong.  As he was leaving with the portable machine, the ultrasound tech girl came in with the real machine!  Again the baby was moving around and had a strong heartbeat.  The girl took pics of the baby and my placenta, ovaries and cord and told me that she would give the photos to the radiologist (spelling?).  About 20 minutes later, the doctor came in and said that the baby was fine and that I had a small tear in my placenta.  They said it's not very common for this to happen and they mostly see this is woman that had some type of trama (accident, etc.).  They told me it's absoultely nothing I did and it was just a freak thing.  They told me to lay low and be a couch potatoe over the weekend and go see my doctor on Monday!  I thank God that my baby and I are alright and that my bedrest is for a short time!  This is something that should heal on it's own and shouldn't be problematic later! 

Kerri

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

LogansMommy
on 5/20/11 1:29 am - Marietta, GA
Will keep you in my thoughts~
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

hockeybabe2u
on 5/20/11 6:26 am - Allegan, MI
Thank you!  I hope this NEVER happens again!  I wouldn't wi**** on my worse enemy!

Tabetha A.
on 5/20/11 1:43 am - Ajax, Canada
 That's what happened to me x2 with my pregnancy at 22 weeks and 26 weeks.  It was a subchorionic bleed.  My OB said it was actually pretty common and the #1 explanation of unknown bleeding during pregnancy.  

I'm glad everything is okay.  It's VERY scary.  I basically had to stay on modified bed rest until the bleeding stopped completely.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

hockeybabe2u
on 5/20/11 6:32 am - Allegan, MI
Thank You!  It is VERY scary!  Something I hope never happens again!

Sansobel
on 5/20/11 1:55 am - Coatesville, PA
I'm glad you and the little one are alright.  take it easy and make sure daddy and kids keep you on the couch
Sandra           
hockeybabe2u
on 5/20/11 6:33 am - Allegan, MI
Thanks!  Hubby took the day off work to take care of me and our very active almost 3 year old!

MusicMaryn
on 5/20/11 2:51 am - San Jose, CA
Oh Kerri... that must have been so scary for you.  But I'm SOOOOOO glad both you and the baby are ok. 
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

hockeybabe2u
on 5/20/11 6:34 am - Allegan, MI
Thank you!  It was scary!  Hope you get your BFP soon and have an uneventful 40 week pregnancy!

selena61978
on 5/20/11 3:27 am - pittsburgh, PA
That is so scary I am glad you and the baby are okay!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1277 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views