Bad Dr Appt today

Brooke O.
on 6/2/11 3:37 am - Petersburg, VA
Oh, I am so upset that I ended up having an anxiety attack :-(

Looks like my little man is not going to be good and has decided to stay breech. I am going to have one more ultrasound next Thursday to confirm, but looks like I am going to have to have a c section on 6/20. I am so bummed.

Even worse is I will only have 1 week and 2 days  off work from the date of the c section to have to be back to work. I just don't know how I am going to do it.

Please pray that little Mason decides to turn for me.
Mom to Alex age 9
Wife to Sean married 5/29/99

And one bean on the way. EDD 6/22/11
nkjanes78
on 6/2/11 3:43 am - Norfolk, VA
why such the short time before returning to work? i may be wrong but arent you entitled to 8 weeks with a csection?
Brooke O.
on 6/2/11 3:46 am - Petersburg, VA
I am sure you are, but I am self employed and can't afford to take the time off. I wish I could :-( 
This is the days where I wish I worked for someone else. It would not have been too bad if I could do it vaginal because my son will be with me, but now I am not sure how I will do it. I will have him on a Monday and have to be working the following Wednsday. YUCK!
Mom to Alex age 9

pirate_mommy
on 6/2/11 3:48 am
Totally unacceptable. No way will you be ready one week and two days after a C-Section. No way. That is MAJOR abdominal surgery! When is your real EDD? Mason can turn any time ... I wish you could wait a little longer ....

Brooke O.
on 6/2/11 3:56 am - Petersburg, VA
On June 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM Pacific Time, pirate_mommy wrote:
Totally unacceptable. No way will you be ready one week and two days after a C-Section. No way. That is MAJOR abdominal surgery! When is your real EDD? Mason can turn any time ... I wish you could wait a little longer ....
Mason is due June 22nd. I am not sure what else I can do. Dr told me to go on all 4s and rub my stomach to try and get him to turn, and she would check next week. I am just totally freaking out.
Mom to Alex age 9

MusicMaryn
on 6/2/11 3:56 am - San Jose, CA
Brooke!  Honey!  breathe.... however your LO gets here in the most healthy way will end up being just fine.  And since you're the boss, you can take it easy.  It sux butt big time that you have to go back to work 9 days after your scheduled C... and really I KNOW that is way too early.  But its your business and you do need to make the best out of each thing.  But really... since you're the boss, if there really is NO WAY you can take the doctor prescribed multiple weeks off after ur C... then at least take it easy.  Major abdominal surgery is right.  It's more invasive than your WLS.  You will need time to physically heal.  I'm sure you're doing whatever you can to find help with your business. 

You're still 18 days away from that scheduled C.  Mason can easily turn in that time.  Right now, I suggest you do what ever you can to relax (meditate, sleep, rest, whatever) and also see what you can set up as far as more help at work.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Jennifer Q.
on 6/2/11 4:00 am - Newton, NJ
 I totally understand how you feel!! My #3 did this to us!! I even had an external version to turn her and she turned back...4TIMES!!! :( I went in the pool 3 days before I was scheduled for the C and she turned on her own...They induced me the next day! So try the pool.  Praying for you!!

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
LSUtigerGirl
on 6/2/11 4:47 am
Check out http://www.spinningbabies.com/

My son was breech up until 38 wks when I tried some of the yoga-style positions on the website, he finally flipped head down and was delivered naturally on his due date.

Good luck

I had a section with my twins and there was NO WAY I could have gone back to work a week later. I was still taking narcotic pain meds. Heck, the doctor won't even clear you to drive for 2-4 weeks even! 
crystal dewdrops
on 6/2/11 5:26 am - Australia
Hi

I was going to say look up spinningbabies aswell. I turned my DS2 during labor with some of the tips.

Best wishes
Crystal

SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

Brooke O.
on 6/2/11 6:06 am - Petersburg, VA
Thanks everyone for the support. The dr did give me exercises to try to turn baby. Just looked at the spinning baby website and looks like some of the stuff she gave me. I am also going to try the pool. Its hot here anyway and I think my son and I will go this weekend.

Thanks!
Mom to Alex age 9

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1257 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views