Just found out!

Nkokeefe0212
on 6/16/11 11:32 pm - Lake Worth, FL
So I had my WLS in Jan of 2010.  Just found out yesterday that I am pregnant, i work at the doctors office and my due date is Feb 19, i have been told by many that since i am still overweight for my height blah blah blah that it is normal for me to loose weight while pregnant.  What are some tips and good foods/habits for being prenanty and staying healthy, i have found myself kind of veering off the path of good habbits lately and figure no time better than the present to get back on the path and being healthy!! Thanks for any advice!!

MusicMaryn
on 6/17/11 2:08 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats!  How convenient that you work in the doc's office.  I'm sure many women will chime in with suggestions.  But just make sure that you are staying current on your vites and let your bari surgeon know that you're pg.  They may want to do the full blood panel tests a few times throughout your pregnancy to ensure you and the baby have good vite levels.  You will need to increase your carb intake so that you stay out of ketosis and make sure you drink lotsa water and continue to do moderate exercise.  Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 mos.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Hollywog
on 6/17/11 4:10 am
Congrats and welcome. 

I'd say as long as you're eating 'healthy,' not in ketosis, taking your vits and getting your labs done a little more frequently (I'd say every 2-3 months, tops)...you're going to be fine.  Some women do lose weight during pregnancy b/c they experience a lot of morning sickness...but you should NOT be TRYING to lose weight.  Your goal right now should just be to make sure you're eating what you need to.  You do not have to 'eat for two,' b/c your body only needs a tiny bit more calories right now. 

Best wishes.  I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Nikki M.
on 6/17/11 5:08 am
Congratulations! I also just found out yesterday that I am pregnant! I also am still overweight. Our stats are pretty similar. I know we are not in the "ideal" position with our weight, but we are a million times better off than we were! My plan is to keep eating well and keep walking.
Congrats again!
Nikki

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 867 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1335 views