Loss of Breath - 32 Weeks, Asthmatic

Jenn1973
on 6/24/11 4:32 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hello Everyone,

So things are progressing along - I am waddling around and sleeping lots.  I have my 32 week check-up and ultrasound on Monday and am really looking forward to it.

I am however experiencing really terrible shortness of breath.  I am asthmatic so my instinct is to puff away with my blue puffer, but that of course is not doing anything because I think the problem is that baby boy has discovered that my lungs are are a cushy place to rest his legs and butt!

I am beginning to feel light-headed at times and am wondering if there are any tips out there to help me cope. 

Huffing and puffing,

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

XiomisMom
on 6/24/11 9:37 am
Jenn,
Congrats on everything going well! I am also asthmatic and have had problems with both my pregnancies. With my last pregnancy I ended up sleeping sitting up when one of my twins was pushing on my lungs! You can also do some stretches that might encourage the little guy to move. If you goggle it you'll see what I mean. If you get on all fours and do a cat stretch that may help too. Good luck! Hopefully he'll drop soon! 

Carrie  
Jenn1973
on 6/25/11 6:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

OMG!  I can't even imagine the pressure of twins!  At first, I was disappointed that I was carrying a singleton.  The doctor thought, given all of my early-mid pregnancy symptoms, that I might be having multiples, but nope.  I just had all the symptoms.  As I move further into my third trimester, the thought of two babies boggles my mind.

Thanks for the tips.  I will google the stretches - he seems to move when I lie down, so he is not so stubborn yet.  Little monkey!

Thanks!

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

harleymama31
on 6/24/11 11:57 am
i had shortness too with all of mine. With my daughter, i was also having pain as i tried to breathe and the dr diagnosed me as having pleurisy (sp?). recommended lots of rest, and tylenol for pain. yes, they love the lungs.
Jenn1973
on 6/25/11 6:22 am - Ottawa, Canada
Oh My!  Pleurisy is serious business.  Yesterday, when I wrote the post I was thinking of heading to Maternity Triage at the hospital where I plan on delivering.  I was so light headed and dizzy that I thought I wa****ting a danger zone.  After lying on my side at home, however, baby shifted and I felt relief.  Not complete relief, but enough that I am certain my oxygen levels were more normal.

I see doctor on Monday so I will speak with her about it.  It is either pressure in the groin or pressure on the lungs!  I don't know which is worse!  For the love!!

Thank you
Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1258 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1336 views