how long did it take to get pregnant?

Chickenboob
on 9/25/11 6:54 am - Rockland, Canada

Hi!

I am 2 months out and know I need to wait my 18 months or so (only 16 more ). I was wondering if the ladies would chime in on how long it took to get pregnant once you started trying. I am also interested to hear form ladies who also have male factor fertility issues, Did your increased fertility help or did you still have to go for an IVF?

Many thanks!!!

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 7:07 am - Woodbridge, VA
This varies WILDLY based on the individual (err, couple, really!). I had never tried to get pregnant before my surgery since I wasn't married yet and was only in my 20s. I'm now 29, and actually got pregnant in my very first cycle off of my birth control (was using NuvaRing) without doing any temping, charting, etc. We weren't technically "trying," just weren't preventing.
Paula622
on 9/25/11 10:14 am
Totally depends on the couple.  Some will try for years and never concieve, my husband just has to look at me and I'm pregnant.  There are soooo many factors involved!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Jennifer H.
on 9/25/11 11:32 am - stockton, CA
Prior to surgery we tried for six years after our son and nothing.After surgery and waiting 19 months it took us four months to get pregnant.We had two twin girls I did lose at 25 weeks but after waiting 8 weeks of healing after c section we tried again and took a month.I had PCOS prior to surgery and its gone now.As said above does depend on the couple and or persons.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Skinny_Betsy
on 9/25/11 8:54 pm - Eschenbach, Bavaria, Germany
 I had my first child in 1999.... I didn't get second with my second child until June 2011.   About 11 1/2 months after my WLS in June 2010.  

I attribute my pregnancy to the fact that I lost 140lbs and was leading a healthy life style.  All my issues were resolved, including my inability to concieve.  

Good luck to you! 

Betsy
boomsheeka01
on 9/26/11 12:31 am - Killeen, TX
Hubby and I had a male infertilty issue...that can be very discouraging.  After I was almost a year out from surgery and we wanted to get ready to try we got hubby tested again and he was STILL declared infertile!!  We had to believe God for a miracle in the baby dept.   He started taking a ****tail of pills that we were recommended and after 3 months of him faithfully doing that we FINALLY got our BFP!!  Our baby boy is due early Dec.... if you think the pills will help your hubby PM me and I will gladly give you those.  Good luck!!  :)
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Christie N.
on 9/26/11 8:14 am - Riverton, UT
with my first two kids (pre-op) when I was heavier (215 when I got pg with #1 and 265 with #2), it took 2 yrs with #1 and 14 mos and 2 rounds of Clomid. Now I got pg with #3 at 14 months post op (intentionally after my doctor ok'ed it) after I lost 130 lbs and it took ONE TIME!!! I was shocked! I am going to start ttc #4 in December, so we'll see how long it takes this time. I have gained back 25 lbs, but still kept off 105 pounds.

Hit goal weight of 140 at 13 months out from RNY!! 130 pounds GONE! 

Meginsf
on 9/30/11 2:41 am - WA
My husband and I were not trying but not preventing since 99 and i had a few miscarriage that i only found out about after it happened. Then i had my VSG in late June found out that i had gallstones and during the gallbladder ultrasound found out that i have a heart shaped uterus so i was worried about that. I found out i was preg the first week of June. and we weren't trying it was a surprise.
  Starting weight 320 weight a preop 300 Current weight 198 goal weight 160  
Lilypie Maternity tickers
proudmommy
on 10/11/11 6:36 am - Whites Creek, TN
It took us 5 1/2 years to conceive our daughter. I was about 350 when I got pregnant with her and I had PCOS. I had RNY when she was 4 months old. Lost 135 lbs and started trying for #2 when I was 16 months out... I thought it would take atleast 4-6 months. We got pregnant the FIRST TIME WE HAD SEX without protection! I lost 15lbs during my first trimester but have leveled off now at 17 weeks and baby is doing great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1260 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 869 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1337 views