7 weeks post-op and pregnant

Megharden
on 9/26/11 3:59 am
I am only 7 weeks post-op and just found out that I'm pregnant. My surgeon, OB/GYN and nutritionist have all reassured me that it's possible to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I have a referrel to a high risk OB; just waiting for the appt. Has anyone else gotten pregnant this early out or know someone that has?
americangirl6485
on 9/26/11 5:34 am
VSG on 02/19/11 with

I myself just found out that I am pregnant. I am 7 months post op though. Very scared like you are... =(

we will get through this!! Keep your head high!

"Nothing taste as good as skinny feels"        
MusicMaryn
on 9/26/11 10:10 am - San Jose, CA
That is really early.  What procedure did you have?  lapbad would be the least amount of risk.  VSG would be a little higher.  Then RNY (gastric bypass) would be higher risk than VSG due to the malabsorption issues) and then DS would be significantly higher risk than all other procedures. 

Make sure that you are working very closely with your high risk OB and your bari surgeon and nutritionist throughout your entire pregnancy checking OFTEN for your vitamin and nutrient levels.

Also... don't panic if you do not lose weight during your pregnancy.  Remember, you'll be losing fat but gaining baby lbs.  A pregnancy this soon after your WLS is not optimal at all... but it's certainly not impossible.  Good luck
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Rhie P.
on 9/29/11 10:43 am
I found out I was pregnant in June...so 6 months post op.....scary....but not nearly as scary as 7 weeks.....good luck=)  I'm sure you can have a healthy pregnancy....I just think nutritionally...it will be harder as you are still so fresh from surgery.....you won't be able to eat nearly the amount as others further along.

Rhie

MsAReed86
on 10/13/11 8:38 am - IL
So have you talked with your doctors and nutritionalists? How are things going with you and the baby? Please keep us posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views