18 months out of RNY and 10 weeks pregnant and really sick HELP!!

pamy1129
on 9/26/11 10:38 am - hawkesbury , Canada
i am 18 month out my surgery , just found out i'm about 10 weeks
i am sick most of the time to the point i can barely fuction feel week to the point of passing out , nauseous , dry heaving not too often , and started having ocular migraines that today turned into a nasty one my first big one could see anything and felt like i had been hit by an 18 wheeler , now they are sending me for labs tomorrow to check vitamines but they always have been good ,has anyone had a really hard time with pregnancy after surgery ??

any help would be apreciated
thanks a milion
imnotknitting
on 9/26/11 10:00 pm

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but congrats on being preggers! I didn't have this rough time, but I know others have. I know there are anti nausea meds they can give you. Have you talked to your OB/GYN about them? The good news is, this may have nothing to do with your surgery. Many people who haven't had WLS feel horrible during their first trimester. I hope you feel better soon!

Tina

Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
Violet S.
on 9/26/11 11:52 pm - NY
 If it makes you feel any better, you probably would be feeling just as sick if you hadn't had the RNY. I had 2 babies pre-WLS and had wicked morning sickness, exhaustion and headaches the whole first trimester and into the second trimester. My current pregnancy is my first one post-WLS and I felt just as sick and gross until I hit about 14 weeks. So, it's probably just the way your body responds to the hormones of pregnancy. It should let up significantly in 4-6 weeks-- hang in there!  -V
Jennifer H.
on 9/27/11 7:15 am - stockton, CA
Congrats....Zofran 8 mg will help with sickness and nauseous and in that shouldnt have no dry heaving.It has help me through my last two.I have bad headaches this time with my son I did to.As far as being tired that will get better after you hit the second trimester well for most it does.My last two after surgery have been more rough then my first before my surgery.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Jenn1973
on 9/27/11 12:47 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I totally, totally feel your pain!  I was very, very sic****il about the 5th month of pregnancy and never really had many "good" days in a row.  In fact, I was off work for 4 months.  My first trimester had me in bed most of the time - up to 20 hour a day.  I lost weight and I was a mess.  To be honest, I didn't start feeling like myself again until 4 weeks after baby arrived.

The medication ****tail that finally worked for me was Zofran and Dyclectin 3x a day and Gravol whenever needed (sometimes 3x a day too).  I took and still take Tylenol 3 for my migraines.  I took them all through the pregnancy.

One secret that many pregnant women have is that they never really enjoyed being pregnant.  It is something I wish I had known at first because I felt like such a weirdo - I thought I should be out there, glowing, rocking maternity outfits, and generally loving pregnancy.  Truly, so many women told me flat out "I hated everyday of beng pregnant."  This is something I NEVER knew!  It was liberating.  I still envy those women who love pregnancy and I wish them all the best, but I am glad I know that they are a rare breed.

I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN in a second though, because it as all worth it.  My first born is almost 7 weeks old and he has brought such joy into my life that I can't imagine a world without him. 

Keep lots of popsicles on hand, mints to have in your mouth, and try to find a mantra or something to take your mind off the nausea when it gets really bad.  I would say the rosary and it helped - after a few Hail Marys, I would fall to sleep.

Keep us posted and good luck,

Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1262 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 870 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1340 views